Nesters Market has a new opening for a Grocery Lead Hand / Shift Supervisor for our store located in the Gateway area of Surrey, BC.
The successful candidate will have previous grocery experience. Applicants must possess excellent interpersonal skills, take a genuine interest in people and have a strong commitment to customer service while delivering results consistent with store operating standards in merchandising excellence, quality and presentation.
- Be responsible for key-holding, store safe and store alarm
- Efficiently stock and display product in a neat and appealing manner
- Supervision of staff in the store manager’s absence, including communicating expectations and giving direction
- Provide effective training for new employees
- Deal with customer queries and complaints
- Adhere to safety policies and regulations
- Provide a safe and clean store environment to protect both staff and customers
- Motivate the team to increase sales, exceed budgets and profit goals, while ensuring operational efficiency
- To perform other duties and tasks assigned or required as consistent with the nature and scope of the position
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous food service, retail, grocery experience in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to work in any department; cashier, meat, produce, grocery, deli, or bakery
- Complete understanding of cash register operation and cash-up procedures
- Proven track record in effective store merchandising and driving sales
- Above average communication, interpersonal & conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to build a cohesive team within a store
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Superb customer service skills with a desire to provide a great shopping experience for customers
- Willingness and availability to work a variety of shifts, including: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings & Weekends
- Proven track record as a self-starter; dedicated and goal orientated
- Ability to ensure compliance of established company policy
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written
This role requires constant standing, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of 1-5 pounds, and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required.
Our commitment to you:
- Competitive wages with starting rates based on experience
- Company matched RRSP Program
- Comprehensive benefits package including Dental, Extended Health, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability & BC MSP coverage
- Room for advancement - all new opportunities posted internally first
If you feel that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above then we would love to hear from you!
More than one way to apply!
- Online: Respond to this job ad to apply in confidence to Human Resources
- In person: drop off your resume and cover letter at the store - 10835 City Parkway, Surrey
- Please include your work schedule availability & wage expectation
We are an equal opportunity employer and as such we strive to foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected.
We would like to thank everyone for applying, however due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
keywords: grocery, cashier, customer service, guest services, sales associate, retail, convenience store, supermarket, market, shop, store, food, stock, warehouse, merchandising, full time, key holder, management, manager, scheduling, supervisor, leader, team lead, assistant manager, retail manager, retail store manager, store manager, retail management, management, manager, hospitality, food service
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Grocery department: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cashier: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse / Stocking Shelves: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail / Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Canadian citizen or PR holder (Required)
- Looking for Full Time - available 40 hours per week (Required)
- Able to stand for 8hr shift and lift 20-50lbs regularly (Required)
- Available for a variety of shifts (days, evenings, weekends) (Preferred)