We are looking for a mission-driven, detail-oriented, inclusive individual to join our team as an Adult Program Manager. This is a full-time, salaried role.
As the Adult Program Manager you are the subject matter expert on the Ladies Learning Code community and will own, build and grow the programs. You will work in collaboration with our Design & Training and Community Success & Partnerships teams to determine needs and ensure we can deliver on our Adult Program goals. This role is integral to support the effective design, delivery and quality of our Ladies Learning Code programs as well as our goal to grow our Ladies Learning Code community and provide relevant, repeatable and sustainable programming.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing computer science education. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast-to-coast-to-coast to make sure that everyone in Canada has access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world.
Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through our Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code programs. Today, Canada Learning Code operates in over 250 communities across the country, driving impact through program design and delivery, strategic industry and public partnerships, research and advocacy. To date, the organization has had over 775,000 learners attend an in-person or live online experience.
What Success Looks Like
- We have a holistic understanding of of the Adult target market and their learning needs/wants in order to build relevant, repeatable and sustainable programming
- We develop a strong national brand for Ladies Learning Code
- Our delivery teams and affiliate partners across Canada feel supported to deliver our Adult/LLC programs
- We grow our programs across the country and reach associated learner targets
- Our programs attract and keep diverse funeral and donors who support our mission
- We develop learning pathways that enable CLC learners to move through our Theory of Change
What Your Key Responsibilities Are
- Develop and lead strategy of all adult programs
- Own the adult learner journey from awareness to advocate, and engage in appropriate research to build/update as necessary
- Manage the program budget and develop program budget execution strategy
What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like
While no two days look the same, the following is what you can expect to work on in this role.
- Collaborate with colleagues and volunteers to build and curate resources that ensure learner’s experience reflects established best practices in adult learning
- Work with Operations on program evaluation, technology, and legal risks/liability
- Work with Fund Development and CS&P teams to cultivate relationships and steward opportunities to drive revenue for adult programs
- Work with CS&P to ensure programs and experiences are being delivered as intended
- Work with Design & Training on leveraging LMS for adult learners and areas relating to program training materials
- Work with broader leadership team to validate program alignment with business needs
Decide With Data
- Stay apprised of labour market trends and identify and analyze data from a variety of source to make informed recommendations on new program opportunities and new markets
- Analyze and use data to identify opportunities to enhance the quality of our adult learning experiences
- Analyze the program’s net promoter score, qualitative feedback surveys, and other relevant sources of feedback to support ongoing development of the program
Own the Program
- Employ a range of needs assessment strategies with a variety of stakeholders, including target audiences and industry, in the development of new programs to ensure alignment with market needs
- Identify, convene, and lead program advisory committees for new program developments
- Create resources to support our delivery channels’ execution of our adult programs
- Speak or attend conferences and other community events and act as an ambassador for CLC’s adult program
- Develop compelling cases so that our adult programs receive funding support
- Develop LLC learner next steps and launch of “learner pathways” that provide LLC learners with next step resources and tools to pursue further learning in tech
- You have experience in program or event management
- You have experience in driving positioning, consumer insights, user journeys, personas, and innovative programming
- You are skilled at collecting and analyzing data
- You can manage budgets and know your way around financial statements
- You have used collaboration tools and know how to leverage them
- You can engage with multiple stakeholder communities
- You ask the right questions and are resourceful to seek answers from the right sources
- You can manage multiple projects and deadlines
It would be nice if you have the following:
- Experience working with the communities CLC strives to serve
- Experience with instructing or teaching
- Experience with new product development and innovation
- Official bilingualism (English and French)
You must be able to pass a criminal record and judicial matters check.
You may have to work on occasional evenings or weekends. Some travel may be required for conferences and events.
We are a remote-first organization with Team Members located across Canada. Our physical office is in Toronto (near Queen and University). Team members located in or visiting the Toronto area have the option to access or work from the office in accordance with our COVID-19 policies.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be able to travel regularly and abide by any COVID-19 policies that may be in place at the venue.
This role reports to our Chief Strategy Officer, Lucie Jeffers.
$70,000.00 to $77,500.00 annually + the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental, EAP, and Inkblot
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Technical interview with cross functional team members
Step 4: Reference Check & Criminal Background Check
Step 5: Offer
***Important note: If you are viewing this job posting on Indeed or another aggregated site, please apply directly here instead
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$75,000.00 per year