Freson Bros., an Alberta-owned and operated fresh food retail chain, invites skilled butchers with management experience to apply for the Meat Department Manager position. The Meat Department Manager is an integral leadership role within our Fox Creek location and Freson Bros. company.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive butcher shop or restaurant management experience
- A history of meeting financial objectives and targets in a butcher shop or restaurant environment
- Ability to lead a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective critical thinking and conflict resolution skills
- Strong Google Suite skills and the ability to quickly learn new computer programs
- A passion for leading and developing others
- Extensive practical knowledge of the principles of meat cutting, sausage preparation, and carcass beef breaking
- Comfortable working during peak food-retail hours (i.e. evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 50 pounds
Most importantly, the willingness and enthusiasm for continuous learning and development.
Freson Bros. Manager Qualities:Astute Business Acumen:
The capability of growing and effectively managing an operational business unit.
Belief in the value of teamwork and the ability to harness the collective talent of individuals.
Self-motivated and disciplined to achieve personal and professional success.
Passionate about delivering the Freson Bros. Brand with Team Members to all guests.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Inventory Management through weekly ordering, record & invoice maintenance, and leading quarterly inventory counts
- Merchandise products within refrigeration shelving and coffin case freezers for promotional and seasonal displays
- Schedule Meat Department Team Members to ensure that production and customer needs are met
- Ensure company operational standards are met and procedures are followed
- Assist the Store Manager in building and maintaining a high-performance work culture
- Train, develop, and motivate Meat Department Team Members
- Resolve customer and Team Member concerns and complaints as they arise
- Champion the Freson Bros. Brand and Culture by modelling our Team Members' qualities of Drive, Integrity, and Growth
Freson Bros. Perks:
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Location: Fox Creek, AB
- Salary: $ 45,000 - $50,000 / year
About Freson Bros.:
- Group Benefits plan available for all Full-Time Team Members
- Team Member Grocery Discount Program- 10%
- Team Member Discounted Lunch Program
- Endless professional development and training opportunities
Founded in 1955, Freson Bros. is an Alberta-based fresh food retailer. Host to 16 locations across Alberta and employing over 1100 Team Members. Freson Bros. is committed to providing Albertans with high-quality, hand-made and local food products at a great value. The crafts of Bakers, Butchers, Chefs and Sausage Makers are championed here. Freson Bros. is home to those who believe really great food (and people) really matter.
For more information about what we believe in at Freson Bros. and our foundational values, visit our website at:
If you’re the individual we are looking for, we invite you to submit your resume with a cover letter about what piqued your interest in this role.