Working together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply online and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring a Settlements Administrator, Mortgage Accounting!
Manager, Investor Settlements
July 2, 2020
July 17, 2020
Hours of Work:
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Downtown Toronto Great location! Steps away from the main public transit station
What we offer:
Highly competitive compensation package which includes, base salary, bonus, benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
- Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employment
The Settlement Administrator is responsible for ensuring Investor settlement reports and funding receipts are accurately prepared, posted, reconciled daily and reported to the Investor in the timelines required in accordance with company policy.
The Requirements Needed:
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with investors
- Prepare settlement reports for investors in accordance with investor specification and timelines
- Confirm settlement funds received at bank and post to general ledger
- Prepare electronic account transfers for approval on business banking applications
- Prepare closed mortgage report and post entries to general ledger accounts
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly funding reconciliation reports
- Reconcile investor ledgers and third party payee general ledger accounts
- Prepare weekly report for payment of mortgage insurance premiums
- Prepare weekly report of fee receipts
- Advance/payout loans on the mortgage administration system
- Sell and reconcile loans of treasury sales
- Respond to all inquiries within established turnaround times
- Other duties as assigned
- Completed post secondary education and/or equivalent work experience required
- Accounting courses and/or experience an asset
- Optimus mortgage administration experience an asset
- Previous experience within Mortgage industry an asset
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Strong aptitude for service excellence
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive team player
- Fully competent in working with basic PC software and the suite of Microsoft office products, mainly Excel
- Ability to manage pressure in an environment of high volume processing with tight turnaround times
Why join First National?
- Bright open concept office environment
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
First National supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities; please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applications for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.