GEC Training Specialist
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations across North America, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, and Asia. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Guest Education Centre (GEC) is the main contact centre for lululemon. The GEC is a vital frontline connection with our guests. Most people call them customers, but because we create an inviting environment, we call them guests.
The GEC training specialist develops and facilitates new hire training for our front line staff (aka Educators) as well as ongoing training and development for existing Educators, support staff and leadership. They are best-in-the-world at ensuring new Educators hit the floor feeling confident and that the members of the GEC benefit from learning and personal development workshops.
A day in the life
- Designs and delivers new hire training at the GEC and supports ongoing training and development for existing employees.
- Facilitates with excellence and creates a training environment that is conducive to learning.
- Introduces new hires to the lululemon brand and culture and guides them through their learning journey, providing coaching and support along the way.
- In collaboration with the Training Design Lead, supports the coordination and delivery of Leadership & Development workshops and training content for new initiatives.
- Works cross functionally with the GEC Workforce Management and Talent Acquisition Teams to organize and schedule new hire training.
- Coordinates all training activities including maintaining training calendar, booking rooms, organizing materials, etc.
- Stays up to date on industry best practices and works with cross functional partners to identify trends and innovate training programs.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of GEC Operations to ensure training programs are relevant and of the highest quality.
- Monitors new hire performance during training and delivers feedback as needed.
- Utilizes new technology to innovate and deliver training content.
- Sets the example for creating a great guest experience.
- Reports to GEC Training Design Lead.
- Performs additional projects, duties, and assignments as required.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic, you bring the fun to training.
- Clear and confident communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills. Able to coach, train, and lead all levels of employees (one on one and group).
- Strong knowledge of lululemon culture. You are proactive and stay up-to-date with communications and changes.
- Ability to learn new systems/programs quickly, then develop and facilitate new training programs as required.
- Proven ability to deliver and receive feedback.
- Collaborative, team based outlook. You hold yourself and your team accountable.
- Strong problem solver with ability to implement solutions. You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Approachable with exceptional listening skills and patience.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills; this includes proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong experience learning new systems.
- High school diploma required, post-secondary preferred
- Experience working for lululemon or facilitation experience preferred.
- Thrives in a rapidly evolving, ambiguous work place.
- Coachable, adaptable, and open to change.
- Responsible and dependable with utmost integrity.
- Passion for and involvement in yoga, fitness, health, and/or sports #thesweatlife.
- Friendly, upbeat, optimistic, and authentic.
- Mixture of sitting at a desk or standing in a class room for up to 8 hours/day.
- 40 hours a week with potential for overtime as required.
- Occasional light lifting of supplies and materials (up to 20lbs).
Guest Education Center (GEC)
Store Support Center