This position exists to support the production activities at Kitchen Craft and Craftline. Duties include the Preventative Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Total Productive maintenance (TPM), and the servicing of all production and non production instrumentation, computer, electronic, and electrical equipment. The incumbent will ensure department logs and records are maintained along with shop and work area being kept clean and orderly.
This position reports directly to the Supervisor, Maintenance.
- Responsible for the execution of Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) on all equipment utilized in the company’s operation including the development of appropriate documents as assigned by the Department Team Leader.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the installation, trouble shooting, modification, repair, testing, calibration, programming, configuration, commissioning and maintenance of all instrumentation, computer, electronic and electrical equipment. The individual will inform the Department Team Leader on the status of the “Down Equipment” and will be responsible for completing maintenance work orders (MWOs), shop orders and all necessary documentation to facilitate the completion of the repair.
- Provide technical recommendations (advice and/or reports) for any equipment issues. Advise and undertake necessary upgrades to machines, instruments and controls to extend equipment life and increase reliability after consulting with the Department Team Leader and Department Manager. When required the incumbent will co-ordinate sub-contractors ensuring efficient execution of Facility or Maintenance projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- When required the incumbent will out source, provide quotations, cross reference and substitute all repair parts to maintain equipment operation.
- Responsible for executing system verification, integrated system tests, acceptance tests for plant equipment and revision of all support documentation as assigned by the Maintenance Team Leader.
- The incumbent will provide application and technical support to others when required and assist in the development of routines and aids for trouble shooting and testing of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Liaison with other maintenance trades, machine operators, production supervisors, programmers and equipment service engineers about specific electrical/electronic problems and repairs.
- Ensure that the Department is organized in an orderly, safe and clean fashion that is consistent with the “5S” management style. The incumbent will also ensure that the department adheres to company health, safety and environmental policies.
- The incumbent will also ensure that they adhere to company’s attendance policy.
- Must adhere to all company and Health & Safety policies as indicated in the Associate Handbook and Standards of Business Conduct Handbook.
- Consistently demonstrate Six for Success: Be trustworthy, Commit to your team, Listen to understand, Serve your customer, Prepare and plan, and Deliver the result.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management’s discretion.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Must have the ability to carry out corrective measures to repair production equipment.
- Expected to work with a minimum of guidance and direction from the Maintenance Team Leader for day to day activities.
- Well organized, good interpersonal communication skills and a team player.
- The incumbent will provide guidance, application and technical assistance for machine operators, programmers, and other maintenance personnel on equipment operation
Education & Experience
- Graduated from an accredited Engineering Technology program or an Inter-Provincial (Red Seal) Trade Certificate.
- Certified Technicians and Technologists Association of Manitoba. (CTTAM) or equivalent affiliation would be an asset.
- Extensive industrial experience in troubleshooting, designing and programming electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control systems. Must have a good understanding of computers and related software.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.25 to $43.00 /hour
- Maintenance Electrician: 3 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Red Seal Trade Certificate (Required)