Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
Reporting to the Infrastructure Team Leader, the Network Administrator plays a key role in the development, maintenance and evolution of the firm's computer network.
In addition to maintaining and monitoring the network, the Network Administrator maintains optimal performance levels. The incumbent serves as a specialist in selecting, designing, commissioning and supporting the various technical components of the firm's computer network.
In collaboration with team members and other sectors, the incumbent is required to participate in various technological projects.
Work Schedule :
- Install, maintain and support infrastructure equipment for head office and remote sites across the country.
- Install and configure the various components of the firm's network infrastructure.
- Perform required backup tasks.
- Serve as facilitator with operational technical teams.
- Analyze and solve complex operational problems.
- Produce and update technical documentation and asset inventory.
- Provide quality technical support for failures and faults.
- Be on the lookout for technological innovations
- Perform capacity planning and performance analyses to maintain a high level of performance and availability for the firm's computer network.
- Help establish the long-term vision and architecture for the various components of the firm's computer network.
- In cooperation with colleagues from other areas (Development, Analysis and Architecture, Help Desk), participate in carrying out various technology projects.
- Help develop policies, standards, procedures, management reports and strategies for using IT systems and for service delivery in the incumbent's area.
- Initiative and innovation
- Strong ability to analyze, summarize and solve complex problems
- Good sense of organization, methodical and ability for time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt communications based on targeted readers (technical or non-technical)
- Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in computer science or equivalent
- At least two years of practical experience
- Work experience in project mode and matrix mode
- Available to work outside office hours to make infrastructure changes
- Bilingual – both written and spoken (English/French)
- Practical experience designing and implementing technological architecture
- Good knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, Intune, Azure AD and GPO
- Asset: Knowledge of scripting and command languages (Powershell, VBscript, Shell)
- Asset: Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business and Teams
- Asset: Knowledge of virtualization technologies (Acropolis, VMWARE Horizon, Citrix)
- Asset: Knowledge of backup solutions (NetBackup, Veeam)
- Asset: Have worked in a cloud computing environment (Azure, Amazon AWS, Directory-as-a-service, Exchange Online)
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.