Collections Specialist - Calgary A.B
Our client a well-reputed Collection Agency is looking to hire a Collections Specialist for its Head Office in Calgary, AB. The position reports to the Collections/Customer Service Manager and will help achieve the company's financial goals. The Collections Specialist will be responsible for reviewing each account to determine the best way to approach the client and executing a plan to bring in the maximum amount of revenue.
This position can be stressful and difficult. The ideal candidate will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while remaining committed to the purpose. Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this role. Our client offers competitive compensation and possible career advancement opportunities for the right person.
· Research each account using company records and Internet resources that are made available.
· Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
· Conduct custom collections campaigns on each client that consist of emails, phone calls and standard mail correspondence.
· Plan a course of action to recover outstanding payments/
· Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status and negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
· Develop collections methodology that consistently leads to achieving or exceeding company financial goals
· Investigate and resolve discrepancies quickly and create resolutions that bring in revenue on a regular basis
· Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
· Update account status and database regularly
· Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
· Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
· High School diploma or education in business or equivalent is required.
· Proven experience as a collections specialist or debt collector
· Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines and knowledge of relevant legal requirements
· Proficiency with database software and MS Office suite
· Excellent communication and people skills with an aptitude in negotiating and persuading
· Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
WAMSRecruitment Consultants is a solution based recruitment company, which enables businesses to efficiently and effectively manage their workforce, promote retention and maximize return on investment to the employers by providing a capable, skilled and motivated workforce. At WAMS,we empower our clients with accurate and precise information about candidates to make the right decisions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year