SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
The Centre for Applied Education Innovation (CAEI) is a catalyst for excellence and innovation in teaching, learning and curriculum development, including integration of new technologies that enhance student, staff and faculty success. The CAEI supports curriculum quality, teaching excellence and educational technology through four key value pillars: accountability, quality, partnership and innovation.
This unique team develops and launches new programs, while shaping and updating curriculum — ensuring SAIT offers students an applied education that meets today’s industry needs.
Reporting to the Manager, the Program Development Coordinator works with a range of stakeholders to plan, develop and launch new programs at SAIT. As the program champion, you will provide strategic guidance and overall leadership for the cross-functional teams involved in producing new programs. You will lead the program through the planning and development processes and approval gates, making sure the program is completed on time and on budget. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader, communicator and results-driven.
If the idea of helping connect SAIT’s goals with what students learn in the classroom gets you excited, we want to meet you.
This opportunity is a one year term contract. Don’t miss out, apply today!
- Assess program needs from the Academic Chairs, clearly articulating student outcomes, industry outcomes and SAIT outcomes
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional teams to generate the program plan that will meet the identified outcomes
- Create the business case for the program working closely with Finance, Business Analytics, Facilities Management and the Academic Chairs to ensure the program is well designed and the financial results are viable and attractive
- Write and submit the program approval documents and co-present the plan with the Academic Chairs to the various decision making teams
- Communicate a program’s progress and results to all stakeholders throughout the planning and development processes
- Lead and facilitate program design sessions between industry and internal stakeholders at SAIT.
- Lead and coordinate the governance approval process for credit programs, writing and submitting the motions and government approval documents
- Kick-off newly approved programs with the development teams
- Lead the team of instructional designers, writers and media developers to ensure the program is developed on time, on quality and on budget
- Contribute to the overall goals for the department, which includes:
o curriculum and program roadmaps
o the overall education plan and department goals
o SAIT’s overall strategic direction and shared outcomes continuously improving the department’s processes, goals and culture
- Proven understanding of curriculum development processes and requirements
- A minimum of 5-years of experience in a related field
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Preference given to a degree in business management or education
- Excellent leadership skills of cross-functional teams of up to 10 or more people
- Clear, concise and compelling communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding organization, coordination and project management skills
- Strong understanding of business financials
- Excellent change management skills and capabilities
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficient with spreadsheets, word processing and project management software
- Strong leadership attitude and ability to align teams to shared outcomes. Must be very effective at developing positive and enthusiastic work teams
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Why Work at SAIT
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
This position is union exemin our Administration, Professional and Technical group
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education