The purpose of this position is to develop and execute sales strategies to nurture and build customer relationships, increase market share, manage sales performance, volumes and gross profitability in Eastern Canada and Eastern USA. This individual is required to be bi-lingual in English and French.
1. Conduct all activities in a safe manner whilst adhering to HEPI SH&E policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
2. Develop sales strategies to provide growth in market share, sales volumes and gross profit contributions.
3. Develop a system for qualifying prospective targets clients and areas.
4. Participate in events that will promote the awareness of the company and its credentials.
5. Ensure all sales are conducted at profitable margins in-line with sales strategy and guidelines.
6. Provide customer satisfaction input.
7. To develop new business and maintain relationships with strategic customers at Corporate Level.
8. Ensure accurate management of customer database using Salesforce CRM system.
9. Maintain relationships with all clients to ensure high level of client satisfaction and security of current contracts.
10. Develop communications strategies to ensure H-E Parts name is recognized by clients.
11. Identify markets (clients and areas) and target them with specific sales and marketing strategies.
12. Attend the company sales conference.
13. Foster a culture that is strongly customer and service focused.
14. Manage internal relationships
15. Manage internal sales team
This position will be required to discuss work related choices with VP, Sales North America regarding decisions that will directly impact the department.
· President, North America
· VP Sales North America
· District Sales Managers
· Territory Managers
· Technical Manager
· Procurement Manager and Purchasing Team
· Engineering Manager
· Account Managers
· Sales Administrators
· Stores Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Engineering or trade qualification in mining related discipline. Or experience and knowledge of the mining and quarrying industries.
2. Existing relationships with mine/quarry key decision makers.
3. Proven success in sales and account management.
4. Experience in either sales and/or mining equipment reliability and operations
5. Proven ability to prepare a sales budget and monitor sales performance accordingly.
6. Ability to present proposals to senior decision makers.
7. Sound knowledge of the sales, quote and order process.
8. Proven negotiation and communication skills.
9. Experience reporting on performance and tracking performance over time.
10. Experience in producing detailed quotes and tenders.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS PREFERRED:
· Bi-lingual – French and English
· Computer literate with knowledge of ERP software (Pronto preferred) as well as Microsoft products, Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Well-developed negotiation, inter-personal and verbal communication skills.
· Highly developed sales and relationship management skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
· Willingness to travel locally, regionally and internationally frequently and often at short notice.
Job Type: Full-time