Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company? Swegon North America is seeking a Senior Full Stack Web Developer to lead and support commercial software development efforts from concept, through design, the development process and to production support.
Swegon North America is a leader in HVAC, noise control, vibration isolation, and restraint system solutions. We offer half of a century of unsurpassed industry experience to consultants and contractors. Swegon supplies components and systems creating superior indoor climate, energy conservation and acoustic solutions producing environments designed for ultimate quality and comfort.
What we offer…
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Comprehensive benefits that start on your very first day
- Flexible work hours
- Modern and spacious employee lounge including a big screen TV and Ping Pong
- Team building and social events
- Convenient location in Markham, free parking and many amenities close by
- Summer hours commencing on May long weekend through until Labour Day
Senior Full-Stack Web Developer
As we’re modernizing customer facing commercial software tools, we’re seeking someone who is excited about the prospect of “greenfield” projects, knowledgeable about current and emerging technologies, and passionate about building high-quality systems with strong knowledge of software implementation best practices.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience creating complex systems using .NET and other languages with expert level knowledge in a software framework.
- Experience using common front-end development tools, such as Babel and Webpack.
- 3+ years of designing API’s and 5+ years of working with SQL, No SQL technologies.
- 3+ years working with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- 3+ years experience with e-commerce technologies - preferably with Magento
- Experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning is an asset.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles, including automated testing and continuous integration.
- Preferred Degree in Math, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering/ science field.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Translate application storyboards and use cases for functional applications, using current and/or emerging technologies.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Test and verify the behavior of machine learning systems.
- Create processes and tools to automate the training of machine learning systems.
- Establish and enforce software development best practices.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of all applications.
- Provide development support in debugging and resolving defects in support of development projects and/or testing efforts.
- Provide estimation for the level of work effort and time for completion.
- Develop and maintain technical and project documentation.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented and a responsible team player.
- Must be able to work with independence and autonomy.
Swegon North America has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.
Job Type: Full-time
- .NET: 1 year (Preferred)
- e-commerce: 3 years (Preferred)
- Full Stack: 3 years (Preferred)
- Magento: 1 year (Preferred)