Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp Inc. (MLMP) is the world's first successful zero-effluent discharge market pulp mill that is a state-of-the-art, chlorine-free bleached chemi-thermo mechanical pulp (BCTMP) facility employing 192 employees with annual production capacity of 424,000 ADMT. The mill operates 24 hours a day and 365 days of the year.
MLMP is one of 7 operating Paper Excellence Canada mills. Start your career today with our growing company. We offer a safe, team focused, engaging non– union work environment, opportunities for training and development along with competitive wage and benefit package. Meadow Lake is located in west central Saskatchewan in the beautiful boreal forest area, where outdoor enthusiasts thrive on the abundant nature of rural Saskatchewan.
Initially working in the Mill’s Warehouse driving clamp truck, the successful candidate will be expected to function in all production jobs and eventually progress to the Control Room Operator position. Onsite training will be provided.
- Operate and maintain main mill equipment through continuous monitoring and troubleshooting
- Operate and monitor clamp trucks
- Maintain records of pulp production storage and complete bill of lading for trucks
- Perform lockouts
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards
- Complete a variety of pulp testing
- Ensure internal and external customer specifications are met or exceeded
- Maintain strong communication
- Assist with creation of manuals and guidelines
- Assist in training and directing junior employees
- Assist with plant shutdowns and start-ups as required
- Industrial or equipment experience is considered an asset
- Willing and able to work 12 hour rotating shifts
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions and temperatures
- Capable of working at heights and in confined spaces
- Strong mechanical knowledge and understanding
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Manual dexterity and the ability to remain standing, crouching, or bending for longer periods
This is a boundless and stimulating opportunity within a rewarding team environment for an individual who is energetic and eager to enhance their skills.
Attention: Bhoomi Patel, HR Coordinator MLMP Website: www.meadowlakepulp.com
Phone: 306-236-9636 Corporate Website: www.paperexcellence.com
Deadline to Apply: July 23, 2020
The Company would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. All applications will be carefully reviewed, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent