What will be your role?
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Sheet Metal Installer will work in collaboration with the Halifax installation team.
Installing HVAC Ducting and Equipment:
- Report to the Installation Foreman for assignments
- Assess job site and set up equipment prior to commencing work;
- Assist in receiving equipment and materials, check packing lists and ensure that quantities, product codes, measurements, etc. match the order before accepting
- If differences or shortfalls notify superior
- Follow safety protocol and comply with safety and occupational standards;
- Read and interpret installation diagrams
- Install ducting & equipment as per diagrams and direction from the Foreman
- Carry out HVAC installation, which includes ducting, fasteners on hangers and ducts, and insulation;
- Anchor and hook-up HVAC machinery such as air handling units, fans, chillers, ventilation equipment, etc;
- Assist in verifying that HVAC installation is functioning
- Ensure system is prepared for commissioning as per checklists and assist Engineers and Technicians in equipment testing and commissioning;
- Other appropriate tasks as requested by the foreman.
- Provide progress updates to the foreman
- Provide worked hours daily by project for approval for the purpose of hourly payroll
- Complete expense forms when required
- Report safety violations and poor performance or conduct;
- Notify the foreman immediately if the client requests BRONSWERK or any of its subcontractors to perform any work that may be considered outside the scope of work.
- Respect company policies;
- Flag any field problems encountered and resolutions to problems to the Foreman
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- Holds a valid Red Seal accreditation
- Minimum 2 years experience as HVAC installation
- Sheetmetal experience
- Able to interpret drawings
- Able to measure accurately (imperial and metric)
- Good work quality and ability to work steadily to meet project timelines
- Good physical dexterity to work in tight or awkward locations
- No criminal record, must be able to meet security clearance requirements
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and a Canadian Government Security clearance.
- Fast-paced environment;
- Physically demanding;
- Attention to detail, good eye-hand coordination;
- Bending, crouching, kneeling;
- Confined or restricted areas;
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
- Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com