Simply put, VCCH is a center of culturally sensitive, senior care in the Vancouver, Strathcona neighborhood. Since 1978, VCCH cultivates a home away from home where seniors can receive quality professional care and experience an atmosphere of comfort and warmth, connections with families, and a sense of community. Our interdisciplinary team carries out the philosophy of respectful and dignified person-centered care. With our residents and families, we enhance the quality of life for our seniors and expand the definition of “home” and “families”.
Work for VCCH if you want to:
1. Serve the pioneers of our society, our seniors, when they need the help and care the most;
2. Work with families and staff who are passionate about senior care;
3. Participate in a team environment that will bring you a sense of joy; and
4. Have fun doing something you love
About the Role:
Status: Part time (0.5 FTE)
Schedule: 3 days a week – 9:00 to 15:45 (6.25 hours per day)
As a member of the rehabilitation team, the kinesiologist will work with an amazing and energetic group of people who believe in supporting residents’ maximal independence. You will make a difference in the last few year of the seniors’ lives. In addition to exercises, you will work with senior, building relationships, and help them fulfill their goals.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
· Inspire and support and guide seniors to improve their physical fitness and mental fitness through exercises
· Collaborate with Physiotherapist and Rehab Assistants to build and maintain dynamic exercise programs that motivate seniors to strive for healthy more engaged lives.
· Promotes maximum independence of seniors in a Long term care setting
· Perform basic equipment maintenance
· Completing detailed paperwork to document the senior’s progress
· Completes other tasks as requested
We are looking for someone who:
· Enjoy interacting with people – staff, seniors and families
· Has strong communication (oral and written). Skills in communicating in a Chinese language is a great asset.
· Has the ability to prioritize and make decisions affecting senior care
· Can work independently with minimum supervision while delivering highest level of senior care and at the same time, able to take direction
· Possesses the qualities of high level of maturity, professionalism, respect for confidentiality and commitment to the superior level of senior’s satisfaction.
· Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Demonstrates effective organizational, multitasking and problem solving abilities
· Completed Bachelor’s degree in Human Kinetics or Kinesiology with 1-2 years of relevant experience in a Seniors’ setting
· Has an active membership or is eligible for membership with the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK)
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Type: Part-time