IT Senior Auditor
(Salary commensurate with experience)
The Office of the Auditor General of Ontario (Office) is recruiting highly motivated individuals to work in a team environment in supporting its mandate to promote accountability and value-for-money in government and the Broader Public Sector. The Office serves the Legislative Assembly and the citizens of Ontario by conducting value-for-money and financial audits and reviews, and reporting on them. In so doing, the Office helps the Legislative Assembly hold the government, its administrators and grant recipients accountable for how prudently they spend public funds, and for the value they obtain for the money spent on behalf of Ontario taxpayers.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Perform risk assessment of IT environments, including general IT controls and automated application controls within information technology systems and underlying infrastructure.
- Conduct audit research, technical interviews, write audit reports and provide regular updates to internal management and clients.
- Identify, develop and prioritize significant information technology issues in a diverse range of IT audits.
- Assist with the IT components and computer assisted auditing techniques (CAATs) of various value for money and Public Accounts audits.
- Draft clear, concise audit findings for value-for-money audits and IT sections of Attest and Public Accounts audits.
- Provide technical expertise and support to our value-for-money and attest (financial) audit teams.
- Assist the IT Audit Manager and IT Audit Director with planning and reporting activities.
- Perform cybersecurity, privacy impact and threat risk assessment as part of audit control objectives for IT environments.
How do I qualify?
- University degree in a related field and relevant professional qualification such as Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- A minimum of four years related IT audit and Cyber Security experience, including using computer assisted auditing techniques (CAATs), auditing computer systems, databases and IT projects to identify risk exposures, assess controls and security.
- Strong knowledge of audit principles, frameworks and standards such as Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Professional standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Excellent knowledge of Information Security policies, procedures and standards.
- Strong interviewing, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to travel, as this is a requirement of this position.
Note: Prior to an offer of employment, the top applicant(s) will be required to undergo a screening by the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC).
Interested candidates please submit a covering letter and resume (as one document), by email quoting competition number 1015 by October 2, 2019 to:
Director, Human Resources and Office Services
Address: 20 Dundas Street West, Suite 1530, Toronto, Ontario
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Office of the Auditor General of Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Audit: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)