Hornblower Niagara Cruises is Canada’s ONLY boat ride to the mighty Niagara Falls.
At Hornblower Niagara Cruises, we have a team of amazing people who work together to create memorable and lasting experiences for our guests who visit us from all over the world. Our commitment to quality, safety and the environment is reflective in everything that we do! If you are an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a work environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, we may just have the opportunity for you!
In this challenging position you will perform a wide variety of tasks to ensure a maximum level of protection, safety and comfort to both guests and staff visiting / working at Hornblower Niagara Cruises. The Safety Services Team Member is predominately at entry points screening and providing the highest degree of customer service in all situations and interactions including orderly crowd control. The Safety Services Team Member will also assist the first responder in all incidents and emergencies on Hornblower Niagara Cruises Properties and as needed on the vessels. Reporting to the Safety Services Supervisor, essential job functions and duties include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- ensures safety and security for guests and employees, assesses behaviour, identifies
suspicious activity and potential threats and responds according to standards set
forth by management and established processes in the company emergency,
security and safety plans
- provides instructions and information for guests who have needs, questions and concerns and/or are in unauthorized or restricted access areas
- communicates drop off and pick up policies with 3rd party service representatives such as bus drivers transporting groups, vendors, etc.
- assists guests into various lines, e.g., tickets, scanners, photos, gate when necessary
- provides detailed reports as required by management, such as daily shift logs to shift
duty book, general occurrence reports and customer concerns or issues
- carries out regular foot patrols, vehicle and screening assignments of Hornblower Niagara Cruises properties
- physically checks all property points to ensure doors, gates and restricted areas are
secure and monitored at all times including CCTV monitoring
- answers and assists with all questions and inquiries posed by guests
- assures boarding of vessels is timely, safe, and are in compliance with standards
- assures safety and security procedures are followed at all times
- resolves guest complaints and discrepancies appropriately
- responds and assists with medical, emergency or security threats on Niagara Cruises
properties effectively, promptly and in line with standards in a professional manner
- maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work environment
- sets an example at all times of excellent guest service, professional appearance, and
- maintains good relationships with all employees of Hornblower Niagara Cruises, partners and vendors
- actively participates in all training programs and applies the standards to practice
- completes all other duties as assigned
- O.S.S.D. or equivalent as recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Education
- minimum of 2 years working experience in a customer service and sales environment, preferably in a hospitality environment
- minimum of 6 months security industry experience preferred
- minimum of St. John Ambulance or equivalent Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED endorsement
- ability to obtain security guard license (as required by the Ontario Private Security & Investigative Services Act)
- ability to deal with people in a service-oriented manner
- ability to remain calm and perform duties under stressful conditions excellent organizational skills including experience in conflict resolution
- good written and verbal communication and customer engagement skills
- training in the use-of-force and verbal de-escalation is an asset
- knowledge of another language in addition to English would be considered an asset
- must be willing to work all shifts including days/evenings/overnight shifts including weekends and holidays
Hornblower Niagara Cruises is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or interview processes, please contact Human Resources at 905-394-3108 for assistance.
We welcome all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.