Term: Six months contract position, 35 hours/week with possibility of extension
Housing Alternatives Inc. is a private, non-profit organization that provides development and management services to both Housing Co-operatives and Non Profit Housing Organizations in South Western New Brunswick. Housing Alternatives operates two programs, Housing First and the Organized Departure Program, aimed at moving people experiencing homelessness from streets and shelters into permanent housing.
Please forward resume and cover letter by email no later than Monday November 18, 2019. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Provide case management to clients. Case management will involve screening, intake, assessment, service plan development, monitoring, linkage to appropriate community resources, follow-up, appropriate discharge, and data tracking.
- Maintain precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including client files, entries into HIFIS, and client tracker.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including the preparation of clear, concise and thorough reports. Preparation of tenancy related letters & program reports.
- Conduct presentations to general public, landlords, and community agencies about our housing programs.
- Maintain and document regular contact with clients; office visits, telephone contact and home visits.
- Ensure available resources are used by eligible households who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, help identify barriers and advocate for clients.
- Set and observe appropriate boundaries with clients; observe client confidentiality.
- Maintain and promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line with the philosophy and policies of Housing Alternatives.
- Be available to work evenings and weekends as needed in special circumstances.
- Collaborate effectively with Social Development and other service providers to provide high quality services to households that may have been impacted by homelessness and related issues.
- Maintain relationships with other community agencies and share knowledge of resources available in the community.
- Represent Housing Alternatives on boards in the community that share common philosophies.
- Management of tenant relations. Including liaison with maintenance staff, screening, unit viewing, tenant orientation and signing of legal documents, inspections, and regular case management.
- 1-3 years of experience in case management.
- Post Secondary education in one or more of the following areas: Human Services, Psychology, Social Work or Education.
- Experience conducting training, outreach, and presentations.
- Flexible and effective team player, able to adapt to changes and a busy workplace environment.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to work with diverse communities.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to self-motivate.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and people skills.
- Computer literate (experience with MS Office, internet).
- Ability to work under pressure, address multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify key issues in problem solving and implement effective and creative solutions.
- Valid NB Driver’s License.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Clear Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Record Check.
Job Type: Contract