WHO IS RIVA?
Riva is an Edmonton-based software development company with a global footprint. Our Relationship Engine creates seamless data flow between applications like email, calendar, contacts, and tasks and CRM – synchronizing relationship data and eliminating the need for task switching, application toggling, and data entry duplication across platforms. Riva’s client-base includes the world’s largest banks, leading hedge funds, and hundreds of global 1,000 companies who have high value clients and high standards for workflow interoperability along with data security and privacy, but there are thousands more to reach and educate!
WHO ARE YOU?
You are passionate about technology, you play with technology, are active in blogs, and have shown technology leadership. You are a team player as well as a self-starter who needs little supervision and processes. You thrive in a collaborative team environment. Your analytical and problem-solving skills allow you to be part of the solution. On top of all this, you continually strive to deliver customer delight while leading with integrity.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager, you will work closely with other developers, product owners and testers to develop new features and products, as well as maintain and enhance our existing web products. The results of your development efforts will have a direct impact on the efficiencies of some of the top companies around the world.
More specifically, your duties will include:
- Develop features and improvements to the Riva Web products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders (backend developers, UX, testers, etc.) to iterate on new features for the Riva product line.
- Plan, build, scale, and maintain responsive cloud-first web applications.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Help define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment.
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Identify areas of improvements in the code base and help contribute to make it better.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of medium to high scope and complexity.
- API development and partner integrations.
- Adhere to best practices in development, security, documentation, testing, and design.
- Develop automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments.
- Capable of working both independently and in collaboration with other developers, designers, testers, scrum masters, and other stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as may be required from time to time.
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- Post-secondary education in computer science or computer engineering technology.
- At least three (3) years applicable work experience.
- Exceptional skills in front-end web application development.
- Experience with writing automated tests.
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (e.g. how the browser parses and constructs a web page).
- Understanding of unit testing, Selenium, Mocha / Chai / Jest, Test Driven Development (TDD), penetration testing, etc.
- Working knowledge of C#.
- Organized, efficient, and committed to get the job done while managing multiple priorities within scheduled timelines.
- Able to communicate technical solutions and the rationale behind decisions so that a non-technical person can understand.
- Adaptable to new environments, changes in requirements and scope.
- Proficiency using source control including Git and/or SVN.
- Application Messaging (Web Socket, REST API, SOAP API).
- Advanced troubleshooting skills (both sides, server and browser), preferably with large scale legacy code.
- Have proficiency with cross browser/cross platform issues, DOM and web standards.
- Solid understanding of OOD, OOP and design patterns.
- Willingness to learn new skills and a demonstrated continual effort to improve skills.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience with Heroku, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud.
- D3.js / visualization using D3-like libraries.
- Proficiency in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Web server configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with PowerShell, Terraform/YAML or TypeScript.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Total compensation package including;
- RRSP matching.
- Paid vacation starting with 3-weeks.
- Paid wellness time allowing for flexible discretionary allocation for mental health, personal benefits, and personal time.
- Volunteering to the charity of your choice, paid up to 24 hours per year.
- An annual end-of-year bonus day off of your choice.
- Extended health care benefits, dental and life insurance.
- Access to third-party Employee Assistance Program.
- Professional development and training allowance for career advancement.
- A great culture which fosters diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Work with fun, like-minded people.
Make your mark on Riva’s bright future – and yours!
Must hold a valid work permit or be a permanent resident or citizen of Canada.
Riva is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss any communication from us! Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.