9515 Boul. Gouin, Pierrefonds, Quebec, H8Y 1T7
President’s Choice Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited (LCL) and was established to promote President’s Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. PCF has grown to over 3 million customers earning millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
The President’s Choice Financial Mastercard is offered and operated by President’s Choice Bank.
Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through affiliates and relationships with several insurance companies.
PC Services , which includes PC Financial Insurance, The Mobile Shop, Prepaid Cell Phones Express and gift card businesses, is a new business in growth mode.
PC Optimum :
All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Optimum Points that can be earned and redeemed in all LCL stores.
Loblaws Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited (LCL). LCL is Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, with a network of corporate and independently- operated stores in communities across the country, employing close to 200,000 Canadians. PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops products and service programs to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF’s vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers.
To manage the overall operations of the Pharmacy, including providing consultation to both customers and health care providers, practice to full scope in providing professional services, dispensing medication, and assisting in the maintenance of the dispensary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Pharmacy and Customer Service
- Acknowledge all customers approaching the Pharmacy, offer assistance promptly and in a courteous and professional manner
- Practice within federal/provincial, regulatory/legal requirements, provincial Code of Ethics, Standards of • Practice, and Policies, demonstrating professional integrity and acting to uphold a high level of professional standard of practice
- Ensure all privacy requirements are met, including customer confidentiality and consent management
- Provide counselling on prescriptions, over the counter/behind the counter products and all health related issues, including but not limited to indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interactions and dosage
- Practice to full extent of expanded scope with Professional Services, within your capability
- Be clearly identifiable to the public
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions dispensed
- Communicate with other health care professionals within the circle of care to provide optimal customer care
- Maintain all records required in accordance with legislation, standards of practice, and policy, i.e. customer records, narcotic and controlled drug records
- Promote health and wellness and educate customers and as appropriate, engage with customers both in and outside the store through community events, clinics etc.
- Provide timely and positive resolutions to customer needs and requests from other healthcare providers
- Promote Pharmacy campaigns, programs and services as appropriate
Workflow and Inventory Management
- Control access to the dispensary with respect to inventory and patient confidentiality
- Review and maintain Workflow Queues on a daily basis
- Regular review of ‘will call’ bins, in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures
- Review of stock to identify expired inventory
- Oversight of current stock levels and medication orders from wholesaler
- Ensure all requirements for documentation and control of substances under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and Regulations are met and reporting to Health Canada and regulatory bodies as necessary is completed
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of all inventory including those that require special handling and training, these could include but are not limited to vaccines, serums, biological and other drugs and pharmaceuticals
- Ensure entry/pickup workstations, counselling/waiting areas, and work islands reflect an appropriate image of the Pharmacy
- Ensure inventory is placed in appropriate areas
- At shift change, communicate all outstanding issues to corresponding team members
- Ensure all Pharmacy team members are in compliance with the uniform policy
- Involvement with financial reports as appropriate
- Identify and report business-building opportunities, both internally and externally, and action where appropriate
- Read and action store communications on in-store web
- File incident reports when any customer or staff medication or privacy incidents occur (actual, and near-misses)
Leadership & Supervision
- Ensure pharmacy team works cohesively to complete necessary activities
- Support ongoing training for all Pharmacy team members
Education & Professional Licensing
- Valid license to practice in the province
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Independent thinking and decision making - makes decisions when dealing with issues or problems
- Plan, coordinate and delegate assignments and provide coaching to Pharmacy colleagues
- Proven ability to drive and build the business, lead by example and support enterprise programs
- Prioritize activities quickly in response to changing initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Strong problem-solving skills including experience formulating and executing action plans
- Strong personal computing skills and knowledge of Pharmacy systems a definite asset
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed to provide a healthy and safe work environment for all colleagues
- Complete mandatory training and voluntary continuing education workshops, as needed
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.