Who we are:
Corrosion and Abrasion Solutions Ltd. (“CASL”) was founded around a vision to construct a surface engineering service company capable of meeting the worldwide requirements of multinational energy, petrochemical and mining companies. With a business now leading the Canadian market for wear prevention, CASL is poised to commence the next phase of expansion.
Our Fort Saskatchewan operation uses a variety of unique welding and thermal spray processes to apply surfacing (coating) materials to large and small steel components, to extend their life. These components are subject to severe corrosion and wear, and are used in critical operations in the mining, construction, and energy industries.
The Overlay Technician uses Plasma Transferred Arc Welding (PTAW) equipment to apply surfacing materials to large steel components, in order to extend their life in the mining, construction, and oil & gas industries. Using automated and semi-automated equipment, the Overlay Technician observes the process, and using skills learned on the job adjusts the application process to provide the optimal wear solution.
· Application of tungsten carbide overlays using the PTAW processes, to desired thickness and coverage on a variety of steel components.
· Mounting and de-mounting of components to work handling equipment.
· Maintenance of welding and work handling equipment as required.
· Complete Quality Control documentation as required.
· Execute daily work instructions received from the Supervisor in a timely manner.
· Use work-handling equipment (overhead cranes, forklift, pallet jacks, wheeled carts, etc) to transfer materials.
· Work effectively to meet or exceed productivity goals while maintaining high-quality standards.
· Assist in the assembly and disassembly of major components.
· Maintain the work area in a clean, safe and organized manner.
· Lift and carry merchandise as needed, up to 50 lbs.
· Assist in waste disposal and recycling activities.
· Inspection of components before, during and after processing.
· Assist with daily, weekly and monthly facility inspections.
· Follow all health and safety regulations.
· Wear all required PPE.
· Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
· Assist with maintenance of equipment.
· Support the manufacturing process and employees.
· Use hand and power tools including grinders, saws, drills etc.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
Competencies and Behaviours (Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities):
· Specific knowledge of/experience with PTAW a requirement. Knowledge of other thermal spray and welding processes considered an asset, but not a requirement.
· Strong attention to detail and organization.
· Desire to foster a safety conscious environment with adherence to all safety policies.
· Ability to work with others and contribute to a positive team working environment.
· Ability to work under pressure, with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
· Ability to work without supervision.
· Basic knowledge of shop tools and materials. Experience working “with your hands” is considered an asset.
· Punctual, with excellent attendance.
· This position is located in our Fort Saskatchewan manufacturing plant.
· Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
· Must comply with the Company’s Drug and Alcohol testing requirements.
· A 40-hour workweek is normal (4x 10-hour days), but overtime is sometimes required.
· Advancement to other departments and processes is probable as you gain experience with our systems, products, and services.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent