Paul Davis GTA West Group is a restoration company providing 24-hourresponse to the personal and property needs of homeowners, commercial business owners and insurance companies overcoming the devastating property setbacks inflicted by fire, flood, wind and other perils.
The Paul Davis GTA West Group consists of 4 franchises: Etobicoke, Mississauga, Brampton, and Halton/Hamilton.
We are currently seeking aJunior Accountantat our central office inBurlington.
Reporting to the Controller, the Jr. Accountant will assist with performingthe day-to-day functions of the Accounting Department.
- Understand the PAUL DAVIS brand and be its champion
- Responsible for journal entries to process job cost transfers requested by Project Manager teams
- Process inter-company transactions such as distribution of costs; process cheque requisitions in a timely manner
- Perform monthly bank and other general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare, report, and initiate payment of HST and WSIB remittances
- Assist with cash forecast and analysis of variances
- Provide backup support to AR and AP; provide support to the Controller and all aspects of the companies’ financial operations
- Record journal entries and assist with month-end close process
- Provide input for monthly P&L’s and other management reports, performing various financial analysis in support of business operations.
- Assist with annual audit
- Other projects and assignments as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Accounting diplomais required
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solvingskills
- Strong eye for detail, ability to prioritize and manage time
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to work as a team
- Intermediate MS Excel skills are required
- Willingness to learn and progress, pursuing or planning to pursue CPA designation
Paul Davis GTA West Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting work: 1 year (Required)