RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
The Research Institute of the MUHC (RI-MUHC) is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Computational Biologist/ Bioinformatician to contribute to the development of the bioinformatics platform in translational and medical genomics. Under the direction of the platform manager, the post-holder will participate in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of information systems and tools for managing, analyzing and interpreting genomic data. The post-holder will also provide expert consultation, technical, and scientific support for investigators of the RI-MUHC, and assist in training activities.
- Develop, implement and maintain analytical pipelines for next-generation sequencing data analysis (WES, WGS, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, etc.).
- Design and maintain web-based tools for data integration and visualization.
- Assist with day-to-day platform operations, including data analysis and communication with service users.
- Provide IT support for user questions and problems.
- Develop training materials and documentation.
- Participate in article and grant writing.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- MSc. or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology or computer sciences.
- At least two years of work experience in computer science.
- Strong programming skills in Linux, python, bash and git.
- Experience in programming within a team.
- Experience in analyzing next-generation sequencing data.
- Experience in web-based software development.
- Experience in designing relational databases.
- Strong communication skills in both French and English (spoken and written).
- Experience in java development and in proteomics analysis can be an asset.
Pay Scale :
According to qualifications and experience.
Work Shift :
35 hours / week, Monday to Fridays. Needs to be flexible when needed.
Work Site :
Glen site (1001 Boulevard Decarie).
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.