Why join us?
Known as one of the most stunning alpine settings in the Canadian Rockies, and ranked the #1 day hike in Canada by Lonely Planet, Sunshine Meadows offers visitors unparalleled views. As spring turns into summer the meadows are in full bloom and ablaze with colourful wildflowers, setting off jaw-dropping views of surrounding peaks, including Mt. Assiniboine, “the Matterhorn of the Canadian Rockies".
What’s in it for you?
- A ridiculously cool life experience
- A plethora of lively staff events all season long
- A chance to enjoy the alpine vistas
- A summer experience that is outstanding!
- And best of all, you can live on the top of the mountain with on-hill accommodation available as needed!
Sous Chefs provide an outstanding experience for our guest by helping to plan and direct food preparation in our kitchens. They are responsible to help ensure the quality and variety meets the needs and expectations of our guests. Food preparation as well as some administrative duties and supervision are integral parts of this position. This is a physically demanding position requiring some manual labour, lifting, carrying and standing for long periods of time.
- Provide outstanding guest service
- Assist in making food recommendations and write menus; set short term goals for food preparation and presentation including cost control procedures
- Review recipe cards; introduce and test new items
- Help supervise training and compliance for various phases of food preparation
- Supervise, expedite and participate in assigned food preparation, in accordance with standards of quality, quantity, taste and presentation. Check for taste, temperature and visual appeal; ensure guest satisfaction
- Review function contracts and forecast sheets; liaise with other departments as needed
- Assist in overseeing daily purchasing, receiving, food transfers, HACCP Program and Quick Check System compliance
- Scheduling staff
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, fridge and freezers. Subject to regular Health inspections
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for providing outstanding guest service
- Culinary Degree with 5 years cooking experience, preferably in high-volume environment
- Previous experience supervising staff
- Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong knowledge using computers
- Prior experience with inventory ordering is an asset
- HACCP and WHMIS training is an asset
This position includes a staff event calendar for experiencing the Rockies, and subsidized transportation from Banff and Canmore to Sunshine and Staff Accommodation
Can’t wait to get started? Great, because we can’t wait to hear from you! Talk to your supervisor, HR team or the supervisor of this role to learn more about how you can join the team!
Sunshine Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity within our workplace.