At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Chief Information Officer
Equitable Life of Canada is looking for a proven leader with financial services or customer-centric consumer organizational experience. In this new role, the successful candidate will lead and develop the data and analytics function in support of the organization’s operational, strategic and growth objectives. This highly influential role will act as a key advisor to the senior leadership team building and maintaining capabilities in the organization to effectively integrate, deliver, and analyze information to drive business objectives and corporate strategy.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
- Exploit the value of enterprise data/information assets and the analytics used to render insights for decision making.
- Define company-wide information strategy and analytics practices - lead the creation, and assure the ongoing relevance, of the company's information/data strategy in collaboration with the Operating Committee (OPCO).
- Collaborate with OPCO to assure data and analytics solutions and products are released on time, on budget and with high quality.
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of data and analytics in support of the enterprise's business strategy. This includes the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making.
- Innovate with and expand the organization's research and analytics offerings — emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies.
- Organize and lead data and analytics governance to provide executive sponsorship and oversight for governance policy creation and compliance.
- Align data and analytics governance, policy, and administration with relevant regulatory, legal and ethical mandates.
- A university degree in a related field such as business, mathematics, economics or computer science.
- A minimum of 10 years progressive experience contributing to or managing complex business intelligence and analytics functions.
- Deep familiarity and experience with advanced analytical concepts and practices (e.g. predictive analytics, data science, artificial intelligence/machine learning).
- Information strategy experience; experience in strategic technology planning and execution, and policy development and maintenance.
- Demonstrated leadership; proven track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and solution development.
- Comfortable working with autonomy, under pressure, and with accountability.
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.