Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
We are looking for a self-starter to join our team. As the Facility Assistant I, you will be responsible for tasks associated with receiving, processing and shipping of grain and/or special crops, as well as general labour in and around the facility.
- Operate grain processing equipment including binning, cleaning, drying, blending and storing of grain.
- Document and report bin mixes.
- Take grain samples for quality analysis.
- Prepare, weigh and load railcars and trucks for shipment.
- Prepare shipping documentation and maintain grain samples.
- Receive and record product including quality, damages or shortages.
- Organize and maintain inventory and conduct regular inventory checks and reconciliations.
- Service equipment used in the movement of grain.
- Keep the facility and grounds clean, tidy and free of fire hazards.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Mechanical ability to operate and maintain grain processing equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the required duties of the role within a grain or special crops facility, including good eyesight and colour perception.
Education and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Previous grain and/or special crops experience is considered an asset.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
Posting Close Date:
Job Type: Full-time