Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager, Staffing & Scheduling Office. The Clerk will continue to support staffing administration function such as support NRT and redeployment staffing, assigning staff to nursing units, based on unit requests and available staff, informing staff and nursing units of staffing resources. You may be required to work at all three hospitals: General, Birchmount and Centenary based on department needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- College diploma in Business Administration
- Minimum of two (2) years current experience with staffing and scheduling in a hospital setting is required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, control, schedule and coordinate activities of given area of
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and work under pressure
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to encourage and support others and make them feel valued
- Demonstrated ability to solicit ideas and opinions from others to contribute to the process and help form specific decisions or plans
- Proven strong work ethic, self-motivated and consistently high standards of performance
- Successful candidate must be highly motivated and able to adapt well to new situations
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision required
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Computer proficiency in Meditech, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Sharepoint and Excel
- Typing skills, with a minimum of 30 wpm and 90% accuracy (testing will be administered)
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our
patient/staff population and community
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.