Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to VP of Retail, the Director of Stores oversees the performance on a national level for both the Tweed and Tokyo Smoke Canopy retail banners. Through effective leadership of the store teams, the Director of Stores ensures retail locations achieve operating standards across all regions in all areas of the business.
The Director of Stores will establish efficient operations and maximize profit through elevated store experience and community strategies. This position contributes perspective and insights to business planning and support in developing a budget that effectively allocates necessary resources to meet business and financial needs.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of national store performance and operations
- Manage District Managers and maintain clear communication and direction between the regions and stores in your purview
- Lead the store teams, ensuring efficient operations and maximum profit and best in class store experience
- Provide leadership and direction to all retail stores for both existing and new store locations to be opened
- Responsible for working cross functionally with the Retail Ops Team and Training team to develop, introduce and implement business processes and programs that ensure ongoing performance improvements across all stores
- Responsible for ensuring retail operations, brand, community and people operating standards are executed across all stores
- Contribute the annual financial planning process and budget development to ensure appropriate allocation of resource to meet financial and business needs
- Constantly seeking new and emerging business opportunities supported by market research and competitive analysis
- Develop and implement long range business strategies to ensure that stores across all regions are meeting or exceeding their forecasted sales plans
- Contribute to the overall real estate strategy for the business and provide key insights on prime locations to pursue both immediate and in the long term
- Develop and implement retail strategies and plans region by region for retail operations, community and real estate
- Responsible for financial performance and KPI management across all store locations
- Plan and execute strategically to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout the store’s operations
- Train and develop your team to ensure a strong people pipeline is always in place across all regions
- Work cross functionally with all departments to ensure store needs are being met and stores have what they need to execute their sales plans
- Work closely with the product and sales partners to ensure the right product assortment is being delivered to the right locations and on time
- You are in stores every week and working closely with store managers and district managers to continuously be looking at opportunities for performance improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, or another related field
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a leadership capacity managing multi-unit business, with strong leadership skills
- Deep understanding of the retail business
- Managed and led cross-functional disciplines
- Flexible, highly motivated and a creative thinker
- Established track record of achieving revenue and profit targets
- Proven experience in successfully developing noteworthy customer experiences
- Exceptional leadership skills with a history of developing strong pipelines of talent
- Experience managing a business in start-up and growth phases
This is a full-time position based out of Vancouver.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.