The SAP HCM Project Manager is a professional who will manage all SAP HCM related processes for our clients. He/she will ensure that all strategies are implemented efficiently and according to plan and that, the client goals are satisfactorily reached.
The SAP HCM Project Manager owns the implementation project plan. At a high level, this means being responsible for these four dimensions:
The Project Manager will be proficient in the ASAP implementation methodologies; other waterfall/Agile methodologies are a plus. Activate methodology will be preferred for this role.
The Project Manager will be accountable for developing work plans, managing deadlines and coordinating all team activities. Estimating project skills are required, defining and agreeing on deliverables and milestones, setting and controlling the project scope are key ingredients that will be needed for the role. The project manager will have excellent communication skills for statuses with senior internal and client stakeholders.
The SAP HCM project manager will lead the solution and deployment of the SAP HCM design across all functional areas. He/she will manage the team leads (Functional/technical) for the project implementation. The Project Manager will present weekly status updates to the team, PMO and may be involved with client steering committee meetings.
- Maintain the overall project implementation plan in Microsoft project
- Provide quality assurance, work plan monitoring and updates to the project teams
- Work with the functional and technical teams to confirm the solution architecture
- Lead and manage all project deliverables per the methodology
- Identify, track and mitigate all risks
- Manage and coordinate/close all issues related to project delivery and scope/timeline
- Monitor all consultants' time and expenses per the agreed budget.
- Manage all CR (Change requests) if timeline, scope or resource requirements change.
- The PM will manage all aspects of the Budget including external resources on the project and any CR related change that will affect the budget
- Manage and lead with the technical team all offshore decisions with our extended team
- Present weekly status reports to the team and management
- Knowledge transfer to our offshore team for post implementation support
- Computer Science or Business degree as a minimum
- 10 years + of SAP HCM experience
- 3 full life cycle SAP HCM projects
- Project management experience on 2+ SAP HCM implementations
- PMP certification a plus
Agile Experience a must
- SAP ECC 6+ functional experience required
- Experience in SAP Project Methodology and Solution Manager
- Experience in leading technical offshore teams
- Understanding and knowledge for data conversion
- Understanding and knowledge for testing phase and various tools to capture the results
- Strong leadership with the key ability to solve client problems
- Team play that can lead project consultants and client business team members
- Excellent communicator at all levels including VP's
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Travel may be necessary in North America
10-25% of the time (Toronto, Montreal).
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.