LOCATION: North Vancouver BC, Edmonton AB or Whitehorse YT
COMPANY NAME: Maven Consulting Limited
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
Ready for your next challenge? Are you interested in developing an expertise in Project Management and Project Delivery Process? You’ll be delighted to hear about this Junior Project Manager opportunity.
The core responsibility of this role is to manage a number of low complexity capital projects of varying size ($10-200k) and diversity (public use facilities, roads, power equipment) as well as other related projects owned by our large power utility customers.
You will develop project plans, including scope, budget forecasts and schedules as well as work with a multi-disciplinary project team to accomplish project objectives.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Support the procurement of design, supply, and install contractors
- Follow an established project delivery process for the implementation of the capital projects
- Monitor, control, and report progress to ensure the work is carried out in the most cost effective manner using project management principles.
- Participate in site assessments both during planning and during construction
- Coordinate team members and support staff including engineering, procurement, environmental, aboriginal relations, properties, schedulers and estimators among others.
- Prepare and present project plans, status updates, and at completion, finalize all financial transactions and completion reports for senior management among others.
- Coordinate detailed design and implementation phases of the work
- Participate in resourcing through a formal bidding and award process.
You MUST have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, business or economics.
- May have Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- 5+ years of experience working in the power industry (Generation, Transmission or Distribution) or similar environment
- 2+ years of experience working in project management
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and access construction locations
- Proven ability to lead projects and work independently.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of Finance and Procurement sufficient to provide technical coordination
- Excellent use of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools such as MS PowerPoint, MS Project
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental Standards
- Excellent communication, facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills in English.
- We are retained by large power utility companies to delivery projects on time, safely, and on budget so they can meet their corporate goals. Delivery of projects for these types of customers follows a formal process with appropriate levels of due diligence and supporting documentation.
- We are a professional Project Delivery group that utilizes the latest project management methods and technology tools. Working as an integral part of our clients’ teams and support staff, you will be mentored and trained using both Maven and client project delivery methods.
- The work location is primarily in a professional office in either North Vancouver, Edmonton or Whitehorse. There are occasional trips to client offices and/or job sites throughout Western Canada.
- Attractive compensation package.
About Maven Consulting Limited
We are a vibrant, professional project delivery company with an array of global engineering and construction experience headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
As MAVENs (meaning trusted expert) for the power utilities industry, we leverage deep domain expertise in generation, transmission and distribution systems, helping our clients provide the world with energy, and powering future generations.
In addition to Maven being both BCCSA COR and EGBC OQM certified, we recognise that our clients appreciate our support of the wider community, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. To demonstrate this, we donate 1% of company revenue into local community projects, supporting young talent and sustaining the places in which we operate.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding work environment, and want to be a part of growing Vancouver’s premier engineering consultancy we would love to hear from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Project Management: 2 years (Required)
- power utility industry: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- professional project management (Preferred)