The Schwartz/Reisman Canada/Israel Exchange Program was created as a transformational learning experience to expose university students to Israel’s history, culture and people. The program is funded by The Gerald Schwartz & Heather Reisman Foundation.
Reporting to the National Program Director, the Program Assistant will provide support managing the day-to-day operations of the Schwartz/Reisman Canada/ Israel Exchange Program at Dalhousie University in partnership with Tel Aviv University and aiding in the integration of the Program with other additional participating Canadian and Israeli Universities. The Program Assistant will provide support with the implementation of strategic initiatives and act as a liaison with the Foundation and the people leading the program at other Canadian and Israeli Universities in the absence of the Director.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Israel Exchange Program including facilitating program planning, recruitment and selection of students and assist with program development and delivery.
- Schedule appointments, arrange meetings, and take notes at meetings and conference calls.
- Prepare, edit and file materials such as contracts, agreements, itineraries, student application documents and annual reports to be submitted to the Foundation.
- Provide logistical support for the program – book travel, accommodations, transportation, meetings and site visits.
- Create and maintain various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat) for the National Alumni Association.
- Provide support to the National Program Director in managing Alumni Associations in Canada and Israel, including setting up meetings with Alumni Ambassadors, planning alumni events, and maintaining an updated database of the alumni contact information.
May be required to travel with the National Program Director and students within Canada and to Israel, therefore, occasional evening, weekend and holiday work will be required.
Business/Office Administration program with approximately three to four years’ related and progressive experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience). Experience with social media platforms and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent interpersonal and communication, time management and attention to detail skills required.
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a voluntary RRSP, health and dental plans and an employee and family assistance program.
Application Consideration Diversity Statement
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.