StructureCraft is a unique structural engineering, manufacturing and construction company that specializes in the design, fabrication and erection of timber structures incorporating steel, glass, concrete and other materials. We are an exciting, growing company that thrives on challenge and innovation. Our work has been recognised internationally, including numerous awards for innovation in timber construction. We strive for excellence and have had the opportunity to work with many of the top architects and developers across North America and Europe.
We are also the primary North American manufacturer of DowelLam (Dowel laminated Timber – DLT) – the first all wood mass timber panel.
Our office staff of over 40 people consists of structural engineers, 3D designers and project managers who collaborate with our shop carpenters and site crews to fabricate and install projects across North American and Asia.
For further information, please visit our website at www.structurecraft.com.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our dynamic team based in Abbotsford, BC, to lead the SCB Shop and Field Operations. This position will interface directly with our project managers, engineering and drafting management and our business development department to safely complete projects on time and on budget while fully satisfying the quality requirements.
· Plan and execute the safe on-time fabrication and installation of SCB projects that meet the budget and quality standards.
· Positive culture of cost-control and strategies for improvement
· Develop processes to …
· Lead productivity improvement initiatives to ensure continuous improvement in shop and field performance.
· Hire and train employees to meet project resourcing requirements.
· Develop and implement a robust safety program that reduces TRI and LTA ratios.
· Implement preventative and regular maintenance programs for all shop and field equipment to increase utilization rates and reduce repair costs.
· Manage shop expenditures so that consumables and overhead costs as a % of shop revenue decline year over year.
· Implement a personnel performance management and development program that results in improved skill and performance by all shop and field employees.
· Strong shop/office collaboration culture
· Provide input to the design team to improve (reduce cost and improve quality) the fabrication and installation of projects
· Provide input to Business Development and Project Managers on project budgets.
· Evaluate and assess results of project
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· A minimum of 5 years of managing shop fabrication, preferably in wood fabrication.
· A minimum of 5 years of construction experience preferably in commercial construction.
· A trade certification or post-secondary technical degree.
· Working knowledge of lean management and six sigma, ideally in a manufacturing environment
· Quality management systems implementation and maintenance.
· Takes initiative and gets things done.
· Balances results and relationships.
· Represents SCB to the employees
· Organizes and plans effectively, prioritizes, sets targets, tracks progress and reports.
· Makes timely well-reasoned decisions in the company’s best interest.
· Client focused, works to meet internal and external customer needs.
· Fosters teamwork within the company.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Kindly submit your cover letter and resume in confidence.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent