Our client is expanding and is looking to add to its Customer Success team with a seasoned Quality Assurance Developer.
· Work with cross functional teams to come devise a test strategy based on project requirements.
· Responsible for the overall test plan, including automated testing as well as manual testing.
· Responsible for documenting test cases, cycles and scenarios.
· Responsible for test execution across several environments.
· Translate business requirements and map them back to the test plan to ensure end to end test coverage.
· Work with different groups (business and operational teams, business /systems analysts, technical leads) to identify requirements and assess all defects.
· Work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to ensure that the test environments are setup and ready for test execution.
· Ensure all sign offs on deliverables (overall test strategy, test plan, test cases) and that testing meets governance requirements.
· Prepare, deliver, and present reports/ results/ findings to Project Team Lead.
· Work effectively with minimal supervision & adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
· Take ownership and accountability for ensuring the testing phase is completed on time, and on budget.
· Chair defect management meetings to ensure effective progression of issues resolution.
Must have Skills
· Strong knowledge of the SDLC, test processes and methodologies (4+ years)
· Solid QA experience documenting Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Strategies (4+ years)
· Ability to execute test cases at a high level of competency in various test environments and understanding the purpose of the testing within those environments (4+ years)
· Knowledge and use of testing tools such as Redmine, JIRA or HP Quality Center (3+ years)
· Hands on experience developing and executing automated tests with Selenium, Junit, SoapUI, and other test automation software.
· Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
· Basic bash scripting
· Basic knowledge of SQL scripting, and working with one of the following databases MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, MySQL, DominoDB, or Postgresql.
· Hands on experience testing and leveraging AWS cloud solutions
· Ability to identify the exact cause of the defects (4+ years)
· SQL experience (3+ years)
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem determination skills.
· Posses excellent time management, multitasking, task planning and prioritization skills.
Nice to have Skills
· Experience or knowledge of Regulatory Rules and Regulations: EMV, PCI DSS, PIPEDA.
· Working experience with payment.
Professional Skills and Assets:
· University Degree and/or equivalent preferred.
· Education background in computer systems and/or engineering preferred.
· Working experience with various SDLC methods like Iterative or traditional waterfall.
· Familiar with Agile, Scrum, Iterative and Waterfall Development and project methodologies.
Bachelors degree is required, graduate degree in Applied Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science is a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent