Guru Studio's dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world. Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a Designer for a brand new, studio-original preschool IP.
Guru is looking for a Posing Artist who will be responsible for creating character-posing assets. This role reports directly to the animation director and art director.
- Work with Director and Art Director to design posed character assets in the style of the show
- Produce working pose assets in the context of the scene. Ready to be used directly in rigging and animation
- Be able to use character model sheets and existing rigs to produce both props and characters in various poses and positions
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team to develop a consistent look for the show
- Create poses with an appealing sense of character, movement, intent and emotion
- Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent drawing and design skills
- An intuitive sense of what makes design appealing and appropriate
- A thorough and clear understanding of how your designs will be used through the production pipeline
- The ability to use character model sheets and storyboard panels to inform poses
- Collaborative skills to be able to work with the feedback of both the art director and animation director, and be able to blend the feedback into a cohesive pose
- Experience in ToonBoom Harmony with a working understanding of rigging and the ability to produce poses within rigs
- Ability to design within certain specifications (maintaining pre-determined proportions, keeping within an overall look and maintaining existing character-models)
- Ability to productively discuss, make decisions, and communicate ideas in a wide variety of aesthetic areas
- Previous experience is necessary
- Knowledge in Graphic design
- Experience on a 2D production
- Knowledge of Layout
Why Guru Studio?
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers
- You want to work for a company that allows you to grow your skills
- You want to help tell stories!
- You want a friendly and fun place to work!
What We Offer
- Full benefits
- State-of-the-art open concept facility
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work hours
- Healthy and fun snacks
- Masterclasses and training sessions
- Referral program
Please submit your CV and cover letter (optional) in English along with any applicable demo reels and portfolios.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
If you want to know more about us please visit http://www.gurustudio.com/