Powell Foundations, a member of the Powell Group of Companies is a foundation company specializing in providing design, supply and installation of shoring and foundation systems. Our mission is to provide cost effective foundation solutions and exceptional service to developers and general contractors in the Ontario market with a focus on Heavy Civil and Infrastructure, primarily associated with road building.
We are looking to seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team. This position is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the finance & accounting team to ensure efficient document flow, accurate records and timely administrative operations.
- Store, manage, data enter and track company business documents i.e. invoices, purchase orders, time sheets, etc.
- Gather time sensitive documents to prepare A/P and A/R packages for processing
- Ensure all documents have proper approvals
- Set up vendors and customers in the ERP System (Jonas)
- Ad hoc support to the finance team
- Other duties as assigned
- University/College education preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Proficiency in MS Excel is a must, and working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Previous experience in a multi-company environment is an asset
- Previous experience in the contracting/construction/distribution industry is an asset
- Must be organized and flexible to changing business conditions and a fast-past work environment
What Powell has to offer
- An awesome work environment
- Competitive compensation package with group benefits & an RRSP program
- Free breakfast & lunch!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)