This Accounting / ISO & Document Control administration role will be required for maintaining our ISO certification and the documentation of the ISO process and all other Norcan processes. This position will also be required to work effectively with all departments and prioritize their workload accordingly and manage expectations of deliverables. They will also need to work closely with assisting in the Accounting dept with day to day entries.
Key Accountabilities (including but not limited to):
- Schedule and document meetings
o Kick Off Meeting
o Production Meeting
o Marketing Meeting
o Management Review
o Post Mortem
- Maintenance of the ISO Quality Management System
o Document creation and maintenance for all processes (DWI’s and forms)
o Creation, Verification, and Collation of QC and Project Binders
- Norcan Process Documentation
o Flow charts for all business departments and what documentation is required and when
o Standardization of non-ISO documentation (estimate sheet, manuals, reports)
o New hire training manuals
- Maintaining Insurance Certificates
o Maintaining Documentation (SDS, Monthly Walk-throughs)
o Scheduling Training and maintenance of training documentation
o Online portals for vendors (ISNetWorld, vendor safety portals)
- Working closely with the Shop Floor.
- Develop client/supplier mailings lists
- Document past jobs – history, successes, failures
- Highlight single points of failure in the organization in process and staffing. Areas where knowledge and information accumulate but aren’t accessible.
- Supplier and Safety websites (ariba, ipro, ISNet, etc.)
- Phone and accounting backup:
o Posting Invoices
o Credit Card Reconciliation (Collecting receipts)
o Bank Account Reconciliation
o Entering Purchase Orders, as required
o Purchasing Backup (Purchasing, Payables, and Payroll)
- Office supplies ordering;
- Assist with Company events planning
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; able to effectively deliver training and/or ideas to audiences.
- Strong customer service relationships; takes pride in delivering high quality work.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed; productive within a team environment.
- Excellent listening and analytical skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Takes an organized and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure, results-oriented environment.
- Aptitude for following detailed, step-by-step instructions and management direction.
- Willingness to grow with position as role evolves.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual, English/French an Asset
Required Working Knowledge:
- Norcan’s current programs and services, proprietary systems, Company policies and goals
- Operating systems: Windows 10
- Products & Tools: Microsoft Office 2019
- Accounting Products : Simply Accounting
- Knowledge of standard GAAP principles is an Asset
Relevant Experience Required:
- 2 years relevant experience in the field or in a related area
- College Office or Business Administration course or greater
- Optional Certifications: ISO certification, MS Office Suite
- Sitting in front of a computer monitor for extended periods of time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44,000.00 per year
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)