The Maintenance Supervisor is an afternoon fulltime position located at the Bottling Production Facility in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities within the maintenance department while working in close collaboration with the members of the production facility. The incumbent ensures that maintenance activities are performed correctly and efficiently on the assets in the production facility utilizing preventive and predictive maintenance tactics.
Manages daily maintenance activities of the team in a unionized environment, work orders, work schedules, timesheet approvals, maintains employee files, ensuring daily tasks and procedures are followed out safely and correctly.
- Supports the maintenance department planning shutdown work, reviewing parts and schedules are in place
- Reviews KPI's, deciding and implementing corrective measures to the team
- Responsible for maximizing fixed asset utilization rates
- Ensure proper transfer of information between the shifts and departments
- Comply with all Company/Plant policies and Regulatory guidelines including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), AIB, ISO, OSHA, Quality and Safety Standards.
- Proven leadership/supervisory experience is required
- Ability to work dayshift and majority of the work will be on an afternoon shift (2pm-10:30pm)
- Ability to be on a call basis as required for graveyards and weekends
- Excellent general computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel), SAP experience an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships
- Highly detailed problem-solving approach that comes to a solution in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet target deadlines
- Strong ability to effectively communicate in English (Oral and written)
Experience & Education
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering, and/or technical red seal diploma as an Electrician or Electronic/Controls technologist.
- PLC knowledge and experience is required
- Basic knowledge of mechanical
- Previous work in a maintenance manufacturing environment required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent