SpaceBridge Inc. is currently seeking a Director of Program Managementto join our team. The chosen incumbent will be responsible for overall RFP/RFI/Quotes/Proposals delivery and be part of the overall sales cycle from customer birth until customer fading with a focus on operational excellence, project finance, risk mitigation, and building a strong program management team. You'll own setting the direction for the Program Management team including defining, implementing, and optimizing standards and processes the company replying and executing tenders and proposals and implementing eventually.
At the same time, you'll be responsible for designing winning proposalsand guiding the team to achieve outstanding results, ultimately, working in collaboration with our sales team, product management, engineering, operation, and quality assurance teams, you'll help build satellite communication networks that solve real-world communication problems while delighting our clients. As a leader, you'll guide a cross-functional process that consistently results in high-quality products and consumer experiences and is directly in charge to increase company revenues and customer satisfaction.
- Supervisory leadership for a team of program managers.
- Responsible for managing large and complex RFP/RFI /and NRE programs personally as well as provide supervision, training and be the escalation path for issues for timely reply and submission
- Manage medium and large contract execution from inception to dissipation including deliverables for multiple accounts in various market segments while ensuring customer satisfaction, program profitability, and revenue growth.
- Conduct regular status reviews with SpaceBridge senior management and customers to ensure successful implementation and timely resolution of any issues related to bids and proposals and projects implementation and delivery.
- Manage the business relationship with customers with monthly business reviews while seeking out new opportunities for growth of the business through the discovery of new business opportunities based on customer needs.
- Defining, implementing, and continually optimizing expectations, standards, templates, and processes for the team
- Owning overall usage and adherence of designated project management tools
- Mentor the team in the creation of all proposals, RFP’s and RFI projects artifacts, including sizing, link budget solution design, BoM, execution project plans, statements of work, status reports, etc. Regularly assessing and communicating portfolio and project health - including scope management, resourcing, schedule, and budget.
- Effectively managing risks, escalation and conflict negotiation across the portfolio
- Rolling up sleeves where it's needed to successfully recover RFP compliance, submission or projects in crisis
- Drive cross-functional teams towards extraordinary product deliveries
- Direct all peer support groups to successfully deploy and maintain the company accounts, foresee and resolve any challenges for timely delivery of contracted projects or services
- Escalate issues in a timely manner and seek resolution through the cooperation of peer groups.
- Monitor the status of all active programs to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. This may include performing the liaison function on difficult program issues between the company, the customers, and third-party when applicable.
- Familiar with contract structures and contract negotiation, forecasting, sales and marking support are key requirements for the position
- Accountable for program budgets, cost control, profit margin. Continuous Improvement initiatives to be managed to improve quality, customer satisfaction, reduce costs, and improve profitability.
- Utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to measure quarterly and annual success to goals and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Be comfortable and familiar with (multi-nation) international business practices which include being sensitive to the various cultures and/or customs of a large international customer base that the company interfaces with daily.
- Bachelor of Science degree (Computer SW / Industrial Engineering / E.E )
- 7 or more years of Satellite communication/telecom industry experience
- 7 or more years of experience in Program Management replying to RFP’s/ proposals and quotes of complex satellite networking to a broad spectrum of enterprise, MNO’s, Government and defense customers
- 5 or more years of experience in managing direct reports
- Must be able to train managers to be effective leaders.
- In-depth knowledge of program management and relationships between departments within a design to build and manufacturing environment
- Capable of working independently & Managing many fast-moving programs simultaneously
- Understanding of satellite broadband technologies
- Skilled in Program/Project Management techniques (PMBOK Qualified)
- Experienced in Industry Best Practices for process improvement
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have excellent negotiating skills and be comfortable in an adversarial business environment during contract negotiations.
- Good working knowledge of the standard suite of office software products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Willing to travel to meet customers as much as needed.
SpaceBridge Inc., formerly known as Advantech Wireless Inc., is an established supplier and global market leader in broadband satellite communications systems technology. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada. The company develops and provides satellite network equipment and services, including VSAT HUBs and Terminals for Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multi-Point, and Mesh typologies, as well as SCPC and broadcast modems for GEO and NGSO satellite constellations.
SpaceBridge Inc. also provides Cloud-Based autonomous managed services for its customers, helping them to eliminate initial large CapEx investments and save on network management OpEX while speeding time-to-market.
SpaceBridge Inc.’s diverse portfolio includes the ASAT™ product line, which serves different verticals with various technologies and applications. Key areas of focus are Cellular Backhaul for 2G/3G/4G and 5G, Industrial Internet of Things-IIoT, Commercial and Military Satcoms-On-The-Move, High-Speed Broadband, Multicast IPTV, Voice-over-IP, Videoconferencing, L2/L3 VPN, Virtual Network Operator, and HD/UHD TV Broadcasting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Program Management: 7 years (Required)
- Drafting RFP/RFI, Bids and Proposals: 7 years (Required)
- Managing Direct Reports: 5 years (Required)
- Satellite communication / Telecom industry: 7 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)