Reports to: Administrator
1. Must have good communication skills with Residents and their families, and will follow a co-operative and helpful attitude with them
3. Quick and efficient and takes initiative to improve systems with approval
4. Approachable personality, ability to multitask
5. Experience in customer service/hospitality
6. Self-motivated and organized work habits
7. Fluent in reading and writing English
8. Some training in repair trades such as electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, etc. would be desirable
1. Standing for long periods of time – for up to 8hrs/day
2. Frequent walking for short to medium distances
3. Maneuvering in tight spaces within Resident units, utility rooms, mechanical rooms, etc.
4. Pulling/pushing/reaching/bending/lifting/transferring chemical pails, mechanical parts, etc, up to 50lbs independently and handling increased weight with assistive devices.
5. Kneeling for intervals
6. Frequent exposure to outdoor working conditions in all types of climates and weather
1. Maintaining the building and grounds in good operating condition.
1. General repairs to buildings, equipment and furnishings.
2. General decorating of rooms and other areas including painting, wallpapering, and surface repairs.
3. Maintaining the effectiveness of building mechanical, electrical and fire detection and safety systems.
4. Making minor adjustments to the building mechanical, electrical and fire systems as deemed necessary.
5. Refresh of entire suite including trim, plaster repair, painting in a timely fashion
6. Coordinate for professional steam cleaning or carpet replacement as necessary
7. Extraction of high traffic areas on carpet, spills, accidents and dining room and games rooms etc.
8. Assist the housekeeper with daily laundry
9. Respond to all requests from all Departments and residents
10. Work within the policies and procedures of Butternut Manor and contribute positively to the success of the team.
11. Follow established daily task list and initial when completed.
12. Set up and tear down extra tables and tents outdoors for summer BBQs lunches.
13. Maintain the grounds in a neat and tidy fashion, and liaise with the landscaper/snow remover accordingly.
14. Shovel snow and salt continuously throughout Winter months.
15. Routine surveillance of grounds, including parking lots., catch basins, ensure outdoor lights are on/off at appropriate times to ensure the safety of those coming and going.
16. Maintain a high level of safety and security for Residents, Staff, visitors, guests.
17. Maintain the preventive maintenance program.
18. To work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act by:
i. Using or wearing the equipment, protective devices or clothing that is required to be used
ii. Reporting to the supervisor the absence of, or defect in, any equipment or protective device of which she/he is aware and may endanger herself/himself or another worker
iii. Reporting to the employer or supervisor any contravention of the Act or the regulations or the existence of any hazards of which she/he knows
19. All other duties as assigned
Butternut Manor is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Butternut Manor if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Butternut Manor will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour