A new path awaits you at Friday Harbour Resort. Our team is made up of exceptional associates who are passionate about providing luxury service.
Friday Harbour is committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents and encourages and nurtures skills which allow associates to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family.
Friday Harbour is an all seasons resort that provides full time, part time and seasonal career opportunities paired with a competitive compensation package including benefits and pension. Apply today to become a part of our team!
Reporting to the Landscape Lead, this position is responsible for assisting with the maintenance and development of property grounds to ensure a pleasant appearance.The Landscape Attendant’s overall responsibility is to assist with general gardening, monitoring of irrigation systems and set up and maintenance of winter activities across the resort.
- Ensure daily checks are completed and maintained throughout the Nature Preserve trails
- Assist with maintenance of wayfinding signage across the resort
- Assist in maintaining environmental safeguards
- Conduct regular inspections of building exteriors and surrounding landscape
- Document and maintain general logs and report on daily activities
- Address guest concerns, requests, or issues either individually or by enlisting the help of others
- Assist with landscaping activities
- Assist with skating rink clearing and maintenance
- Maintain trails
- Perform daily checks on garbage cube-it locations across the resort
- Create and maintain cross country ski track settings
- Clearing of snow around resort
- Assist with set up and maintenance of seasonal recreation activities
- Assist with seasonal plantings and decorations for Resort Association and Developer owned assets and amenities
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in grounds maintenance and gardening an asset
- Previous experience using small landscape equipment including but not limited to; line trimmer, backpack blower, small had tools, skid steer, push mowers, golf cart, power washer and other equipment as assigned
- Previous experience driving a snowmobile
- Previous experience using a snowblower
- Residential irrigation knowledge an asset
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be computer literate. Preferred candidate will have previous experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
- Significant exposure to varying weather conditions
- Will encounter obnoxious smell from wastewater, gasoline and diesel fuels
- Will encounter hazardous materials, dangerous or toxic substances and chemicals
- May encounter excessive noise from engines and equipment
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.