Reporting to the Director of Food Services and Maintenance, the waiter/waitress welcomes, guides, informs, and advises guests on food services (including the bar), products and menus. He takes orders and serves in Owl’s Head dining rooms. More specifically and without being limited to, the waiter will be called upon to:
- Welcome clients;
- Present the menu, make suggestions, and answer questions about food and beverages;
- Take orders and pass them on to the kitchen and bar staff;
- Recommend matching wines to the ordered foods;
- Serve the food and drink ordered;
- Receive and handle customer complaints;
- Enter order in the computer system;
- Present invoice to clients and collect the amounts due before the client leaves;
- Perform all other related tasks.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Secondary School Diploma DES (asset);
- A diploma of professional studies (DEP) in catering service (asset);
- Minimum experience of (six) 6 months in catering (asset);
- Strong aptitude for customer service;
- Have a minimum age of 18 years old;
- Bilingualism (French and English);
- Speed of execution, accuracy, stress resistance;
- Physical endurance and ability to work long hours.
CONDITIONS AND ADVANTAGE
- Variable hours – day, evening and weekend
- Possibility of full-time and part-time;
- Seasonal employment with the possibility of year-round employment;
- Competitive benefits: Low-cost meals, ski access, group insurance program, health care account, day off on your birthday, voluntary contribution to the Solidarity Fund QFL and more!
The use of the masculine in this document is for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time