Job Title: Solution Architect, Application Development
In this role, the Solution Architect is responsible for designing custom enterprise software solutions in GCP and AWS for clients on a per-project basis. This individual will be responsible for outlining the software and cloud requirements, working with business analysts and project management to understand and define technical requirements, lead and require other developers to follow software development best practices, review source code for accuracy and quality, and perform proof of concept development activities during pre-sales or discovery activities with Onix clients. Some light travel (under 25%) may be required for discovery sessions or consulting engagements.
Reports to – Manager, Application Development
The role of the solution architect encompasses many activities including:
- Performs GCP and AWS service development and design work that may include logical design, I/O design, cloud architecture analysis, and UI design as appropriate.
- Develops technical roadmaps for future application development projects.
- Researches, designs, and maintains best practice development practices, and enforces those standards with the development team.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert in GCP, AWS, and Google Cloud Search solutions.
- Work with Onix clients to ensure the solution meets all technical and business requirements.
- Review project management artifacts with Business Analyst and Project Management to ensure technical accuracy and feasibility of deadlines.
- Provides, as needed, discovery and consulting sessions with Onix clients, either remotely or onsite.
- Assist senior development team with complex or difficult programming tasks on an as-needed basis.
- Design and implement a proof of concept applications as part of the pre-sales or discovery portion of a project.
- Maintain fluency in existing development skill set and technical stack and demonstrate the ability to rapidly learn new technologies as appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience
Key requirements for the Solution Architect role:
Mandatory skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work with customers and proactively manage expectations
- Understanding of software development and delivery life-cycles
- Understand the requirements companies have in delivering software applications
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience / related degree
- 8+ years designing and implementing software applications, particularly applications within the cloud
- Subject Matter Expert in Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with or ability to learn Amazon Web Services rapidly
- Experience with Windows, Mac, and Linux based systems
- Knowledge of database design and administration
- At least one current associate or higher-level certification in AWS or GCP
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- French and English (Preferred)