Position Available: Adult Day Program Support Staff
Hours: 26 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday, evenings/weekends may be required
Situation: The YMCA of Greater Moncton serves approximately 5,500 members in a wide range of programs and services. Members represent all ages and backgrounds of this bilingual community. Programs include health and wellness, recreational sports, youth activities and leadership, childcare, child minding, literacy and social outreach.
The YMCA of Greater Moncton operates a 70,000 square foot fully accessible facility, featuring a Wellness Centre, a 25 meter pool, a therapeutic pool, a teaching pool, a full gymnasium, fitness studio, cycling studio, licensed childcare and outdoor playgrounds, 5 locker rooms and numerous classroom facilities. Programs and services are supported by over 235 volunteers from policy to group fitness.
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Director of Community and Global Initiatives and Adult Day Program Coordinator, this position is responsible for the delivery of the Adult Day Program, a daytime relief program for families with individuals who have varying physical and intellectual abilities. Support is responsible for helping facilitator and taking on the role of leader when facilitator is not present. The position is also responsible for interacting with participants through activities that promote physical and mental wellbeing and for ensuring the safety of participants. Support will act as a liaison with participant families and community partners.
- Adherence to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures ensuring a safe environment for children, young people/vulnerable adults; identifying children, young people/vulnerable adults who are suffering, or likely to suffer, significant harm; and taking appropriate action to see that such children, young people/vulnerable adults are kept safe at the YMCA.
- Adherence to the YMCA Occupational Health & Safety Policy and accountable to work safely at all times, to identify and report hazards, to take whatever measures necessary and reasonable in the circumstances, to protect and promote health and safety.
- Ensure SAM and Brand Standards are met and exceeded.
- Serve as a role model to members, volunteers and staff by demonstrating our YMCA values.
- Understand, promote, participate and solicit others to participate in YMCA philanthropic, recognition and awareness events and activities in the organization.
- Help develop program activities and create a calendar of events for the month.
- Participate in the delivery of the program, ensuring quality and safety.
- Liaise with families and community partners.
- Help maintain ongoing records and statistics (attendance, medication, pick up, etc.).
- Ensure end of day tasks are completed.
- Work with coordinator to promote program in community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Quality Focus: Ensures that YMCA programs and services are superior.
- Communication: communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA.
- Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals.
- Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the YMCA.
- Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
- A criminal record check and vulnerable sector check are required as a condition of employment
- First Aid and CPR certification is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with program delivery
- Able to work flexible hours
Job Type: Part-time