NVD is seeking an ambitious, highly organized and self-driven, Junior Property Manager to join our team!
Northern Vision Development LP, an active Whitehorse-based company that operates three divisions: hospitality properties, real estate development, and property management of commercial and residential real estate properties, and is dedicated to providing high quality professional management services for these commercial and residential properties.
You will be part of the team who is responsible for the overall reputation of NVD’s Real Estate Assets including tenant satisfaction, and quality of building operations and upkeep. This position reports to the Senior Property Manager, and works closely with Director of Maintenance.
Responsibilities involve the day to day questions and concerns with the tenants and issues that may arise, and proactively avoiding such issues through management of a preventative maintenance program, liaison with the Director Maintenance, to ensure that regular maintenance schedules are completed.
The ideal candidate will have a warm, cheerful, positive personality; an ability to inspire greatness in those that work with them; and a desire to not just meet the standards of current best practice but to set new standards for the industry. You lead by example and genuinely enjoy the property management industry.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in property management. (Preference is given to longer experience)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and interests while being culturally aware
- Knowledge and understanding of leasing and the legal terminology is an asset but willing to train.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, and follow-up is required
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Familiar with using social media tools such as Facebook and Kijiji for marketing of properties
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Ability to make balanced decisions and to represent the company well.
- Strong work ethic, respectful and trustworthy.
- Excellent written, oral, listening and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours (on-call emergencies
- Must possess valid driver’s license, driver’s abstract, and criminal checkResponsibilities:
- Professionally and courteously handle day to day inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns by ensuring open and effective communication.
- Maintains properties by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and the completion of repairs;
- Assist with tenant communication.
- Responsible to maintain the calendar for all building, condo corporation and JV meetings, etc.
- Assists with the preparation of Condo Corp and Joint Venture and building meeting packages.
- Responsible to work with Senior Property Manager in ensuring that all information is sent out in a timely manner for building meetings, JV/Condo Corporation meetings, lease renewal communication.
- Works closely with the Senior Property Manager and tracks all escalations, renewals and leases for proper follow up and review
- Liaise with Director of Maintenance on maintenance issues and communication with tenants.
- Involved with the data importation and assist in maintaining current files – electronically, software program and file copies as required. This includes leases, property information, appraisals, etc.
- Assist with coordination of all pre-move in and move out processes, handling paperwork, evaluating applicants and explaining policies and procedures as required.
- Manage the access system for all buildings. This includes keys, FOBS, security systems, auto door systems, etc.
- assists in the marketing of properties.
- Attends meetings as requested.
- At all times take care with respect to managing the reputation of the company.
- Other duties as assigned
This position includes potential yearly performance bonuses. comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing career development.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year
- property management: 1 year (Preferred)
- class 5 Driver's licence (Required)