Summary of Position
Providing excellent customer service to the International BU, enhancing relationships and building customer loyalty by responding to internal and external needs in a timely and courteous manner, while respecting MIP’s values and Corporate Directional Plan and the International Division BU plan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all the customer service tasks once an order is in house, to delivery and follow-up including:
- Answer incoming calls, respond to inquiries from customers and sales representatives and conduct appropriate follow-up.
- Act as a liaison between sales representative and customer, providing status of order and pertinent information
- Issue Purchase Orders to suppliers and ensure proper follow-up
- Receive and enter all orders within specified deadline, sending order confirmations to clients within one working day.
- Distribute purchase orders to suppliers and ensure proper follow-up.
- Send Invoices and packing slip to customers, once orders are shipped.
- Confirm pricing, availability and delivery date with customers
- Suggest additional and /or alternative products and services to meet customer’s needs.
- Monitor orders as they work through the system to ensure they are processed and shipped on time. In the event of late delivery, ensure that customers and the International team are advised in advance with appropriate explanation.
- Trace and obtain proof of delivery when requested by customer or sales representative.
- Conduct follow-up conversation with customers to make sure every shipment was complete, to identify & solve any issues and to inquire if there areadditional needs.Ensure proper follow-up internally & with customers
- Oversee International warehouse issues including inventory levels and bringing forward issues that impact customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate customer complaints, entering information in customer complaint database, ensuring a product sample return, following up on decision and where appropriate issuing credit notes
- Develop and maintain knowledge of International customers, products and services
- Keep customer profiles up to date including recording customer conversations & any follow-ups.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure future needs are met & to communicate MIP holiday schedules, changes to product specs, prices, case lot changes, etc.
- Collaborate with the rest of the “International Team” to regularly review issues, understand business priorities & implement improved customer service and processes.
- Provide regular reports of historical purchasing trends for analysis by Key account team.
- Manage Other projects as requested
Experience/ Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Proactive attention to detail and accuracy
- More than three years successful customer service experience and passion to provide excellent service.
- Ability to handle complaints and difficult calls.
- Ability to prioritize and carry work out according to guidelines.
- English, French and Italian written & spoken
- Spanish an asset.
- Team player with an interest in working in a fast-paced environment.
Working hours (per week) minimum: 37.5
Work schedule starts at 7 am (to service European customers.)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- customer service: 3 years (Preferred)