Harlequin Enterprises ULC
Assistant Manager, Digital Marketing
Harlequin Brand Group
Senior Manager, Digital Brand Marketing
Toronto, 22 Adelaide Street West
As a member of the Digital Capabilities team, the Assistant Manager, Digital Marketing, plays an important role in developing and executing digital marketing campaigns and assisting in the management our digital brands.
The Assistant manager partners with Harlequin Brand team and other marketing campaign and digital program leads such as the Email Marketing and Content Manager, the Social Media Manager, the Ecommerce Manager, the Digital Advertising Manager etc. to build critical paths and champions the critical path to execute the campaigns project to completion. They manage digital brand partnerships with content providers and influencers including contracts and budgets and own the freelance creative development program (UpWork) including overseeing budgets, creative project intake process, prioritization of projects and determines workflow based on impact and scope.
Campaign Management (45%)
- Plays a key contributor role in the development of strategies, multi-channel integrated digital marketing campaigns and implementation frameworkcreation
- Partners with Harlequin Brand team and other marketing campaign and digital program leads such as the Email Marketing and Content Manager, the Social Media Manager, the Ecommerce Manager, the Digital Advertising Manager etc. to build critical paths and champions the critical path to execute the campaigns project to completion.
- Plays a lead-role in campaign kickoff initiatives and chairs planning meetings with the digital team on an ongoing basis.
- Facilitates the execution of multi-media digital capabilities, brand, cross-imprint and priority title
campaigns within the Digital Capabilities team by establishing and managing execution processes and coordinating assets and deliverables across multiple functional stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with the digital capabilities team to establish campaign requirements, timelines and communicates campaign updates to ensure clarity, alignment and consistent measurement across all touchpoints and channels.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to the digital campaign processes, flags roadblocks, collects feedback and surfaces opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Owns monthly digital support planning meetings with the Digital, Series Romance, Carina Press and Backlist teams and owns the Digital support tracking documents and process.
- Develops processes for better project documentation, team coordination and tracking from project inception through to completion.
- Proactively identifies new digital marketing activations and technology/platforms to improve digital marketing campaign initiatives and processes.
Digital Brand Management (25%)
- Plays a key contributor role in the in digital brand strategy development, promotion planning and implementation framework.
- Manages the digital execution of digital brand promotions.
- Collaborates with Digital Capabilities, Marketing, PR and Editorial teams to develop appropriate content plans based on the digital brand strategy and publishing priorities.
- Ensures brand compliance across digital channels, content and messaging.
- Manages digital brand partnerships with content providers and influencers including contracts and budgets.
Creative & Content Management (15%)
- Owns the freelance creative development program (UpWork) including overseeing budgets, creative project intake process, prioritization of projects and determines workflow based on impact and scope.
- Provides creative direction, prepares feedback and approvals and manages creative asset database (Trello).
Analysis, Measurement and Reporting (15%)
- Builds action-oriented campaign post mortems and leads stakeholders through project evaluation and KPI review process upon project completion.
- Identifies trends in performance data to drive campaign and promotion optimization strategies.
- Documents learnings and ensures they are leveraged to help improve future campaigns and initiatives.
- 4+ years of related experience and a strong background in digital marketing
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Advertising, Marketing) and/or relevant experience.
- Project management/coordinator experience required
- Microsoft Office proficiency and experience with project management tools
- Working knowledge of Photoshop an asset
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Exceptional internal and internal relationship management capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Creative and innovative thinker with a drive for results.
- Positive and passionate with ability to work well with in a close-knit, team environment.
Applicants are asked to apply on our website (https://careers-harlequin.icims.com).
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.