Reporting to the Clinic Coordinator, the Clinic Receptionist works with the multidisciplinary team to provide the highest level of care to the patient and support to the family physician and clinic.
The qualified candidate must be available for 3 months, full-time training daytime, evening and weekend shifts and able to work at all six PCN’s six clinics in Calgary and Cochrane.
MOA Certification Required.
Key aspects of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- First point of contact for patients and visitors, welcomes and greets them in person or on the telephone
- Direct incoming calls received on a multi-line phone system
- Setting up and confirming doctor and referral appointments
- Handling all incoming and outgoing mail
- Faxing, scanning, filing of labs and documents in EMR (Wolf and PS Suite) as well as some paper charts
- Maintaining and updating of patient information on EMR system
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining highest level of confidentiality of personal and financial information
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes and maintenance of templates
- Cash collection and invoicing on non-insurable
- Support for ad-hoc projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Adaptability – flexible and able to adjust approach to meet changing demands and situations including dealing with diverse people and personalities in a fast-paced environment
- Communication skills – strong verbal and written communication in person and on the phone. Able to listen effectively and express oneself in a clear and articulate manner
- Attention to Detail – ability to complete tasks accurately in an open waiting room environment
- Quick Learner – ability to learn processes and software quickly
- Motivated – self started with the ability to work independently as well as with a team in a positive manner
- Organization skills – prioritizing and strong time-management skills
- Genuine care for people
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge and experience with medical records management
- Familiarity with medical clinic software, internet, Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Completion of Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate required
- Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Previous reception experience in a medical setting
- EMR Proficiency – Familiar with PS Suite and Wolf is an asset
- Must be able to pass a criminal/vulnerable sector check
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic organization that is making a difference in the community, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence tocareers@ cfpcn.ca.
Please submit cover letter and resume in one document.
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual