Killam Leisure Living is a division of Killam Apartment REIT, a publicly traded company and one of Canada’s largest residential landlords, owning, operating and developing multi-family apartments, manufactured home communities and a selection of seasonal resort properties.
Our Mississippi Lake Seasonal Resort in Carleton Place, Ontario offers seasonal and overnight camping from early May to late October. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the maintenance at our neighboring manufactured home community, Lakewood Estates, which is a year-round property. On-site accommodation is provided and required.
Reporting to the Senior Management team, the Maintenance Manager will be a hands-on position, responsible for overseeing all maintenance of Mississippi Lake and Lakewood Estates (these properties have private water and septic systems). Duties will include general repair and maintenance items of the properties including hydro, water & wastewater operations and major capital projects. This is a full-time, year-round permanent position.
- All aspects of property maintenance – landscaping; water and sewer repairs; minor property repairs; etc;
- Site repairs to ensure property is presentable and inviting;
- Inspect and maintain recreational amenities to ensure proper safety standards are met, completing any minor repairs as needed;
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties at all times, including safely operating vehicles when moving from site to site;
- Continuously provide strong customer service to prospective and current guests;
- Daily pool testing and maintenance;
- Supervise seasonal staff members;
- Oversee contractors as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of infrastructure including hydro, water and sewer, and basic plumbing repairs;
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Ability to work in a team environment and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to operate small maintenance equipment;
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
- Hard working, reliable, and focused on providing exceptional customer service;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to prioritize daily work tasks and adapt to changing priorities;
- Previous campground and/or property management experience a definite asset.
We have other seasonal positions available at this property in areas such as maintenance, administration and cleaning. If you know someone who may be interested in a position with us, please make note on your application.
Please fill out our online application form.
Killam is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Employees will be given support and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilize their unique talents.
We thank you for your interest in our company. All qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.