The Position is responsible for supervising daily distribution center (DC) operations including scheduling, hiring and training of DC Associates. Oversees day to day DC functions in one of the following areas: receiving, order filling or shipping. Prioritizes daily workflow to ensure customer requirements are met.
What you'll do...
- Plans and schedules DC personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to receive, order fill or ship products in a productive, safe and cost-efficient manner.
- Conducts daily start-up meetings; organizes daily assignments/workload to associates, and assigns duties accordingly. Establishes or adjusts work assignments to meet daily production schedules.
- Trains associates in the proper execution of standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Implements and ensures they are follow, and verifies the accuracy and completeness of all records/documentation activities within the work group.
- Ensures that product is received, and orders are filled and shipped to the stores in a timely manner to maximize customer service.
- Maintains time and attendance, productivity and quality records daily. Prepares and generates the daily productivity reports (TPR) or management. Monitors and reports on the key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Participates in the selection of operation associates; implements departmental training and job rotation activities; initiates plan to motivate associates; administers performance management (Coaching’s and accountability) including the annual review process; provides development and training in all functional areas.
- Promotes a positive, inclusive work environment through effectively communicating and interpreting company policies for associates; coaching and counseling, responding to general inquiries, analyzing and resolving work problems in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies (i.e. open door, progressive discipline effective documentation and follow-up)
- Maintains employment related programs and procedures, including health and safety and housekeeping programs, and cultural programs in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy.
How to attend
Free Parking on premise
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About Walmart Canada
Come join us in reshaping the future
- Work in a place where your team values you
- Build your dream career
- Be a part of a team that guides and supports each other
… Not enough?
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Walmart Employee Discount Program
- Internal Career Growth and Upward Mobility
- Various training and development programs
- Comprehensive Health and Dental program
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!