CMD Group is looking for a journeyman mechanic for our Auto Select location in the Ramsay neighborhood, 1803-11 ST SE, the work in the shop deals with a large variety of vehicle problems and systems.
We are collaborative and have a core team of 4 individuals servicing internal Collision Repair centers as well as retail customers. The best fit for the role will be an experienced Technician who posesses a Red Seal ticket OR an Apprentice Year 3 or 4 with a strong diagnostic background, one who is efficient, experienced and works well under timelines, while providing a quality product. A high percentage of the work is front end and suspension related, so recent and experience within that area would lend itself to success for the incumbent.
We are looking for a responsible, accountable person who takes pride in their workmanship.
The CMD Auto Mechanic exemplifies the core values of the group; honesty, integrity, accountability and respect for all people.
Monday to Friday hours: 7:30 AM to 5:00PM, overtime -occasional and as the business necessitates
Provides timely, quality, cost effective maintenance and repairs for all equipment on vehicles which require: preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications and documentation.
Able to work independently, safely and lead and advise apprentices on site. Strong adherence to processes for safety and exceptional customer service are key to succeeding in the role.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Canadian High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- Five (5) years fleet, automotive, or truck vehicle maintenance experience.
- Must possess an automotive and or heavy duty provincial red seal Technician certification.
- Working knowledge of the use and operation of all service garage equipment and testing equipment, gauges and tools normally associated with troubleshooting and repair of gasoline, diesel, and propane equipment.
- Possession of a complete set of hand tools including metric sizes.
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs and maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs with appropriate equipment
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Adhering to a schedule of work to be done in shop.
- Confer with Supervisor regarding all repairs and the extent of repairs necessary.
- Input vehicle maintenance as completed into data base – create tracking and organization for work and repairs to be done.
- Examine cars based on customer requests and/or concerns
- Perform basic maintenance including rotating tires, checking fluid levels, and changing oil
- Repair or replace worn parts and systems such as spark plugs, wheel bearings, brake pads, fuel systems, and sensors
- Test systems and individual parts to ensure proper working order and/or to evaluate degree of damage
- Follow checklists to ensure thorough examination of all parts and systems
- Identify mechanical and electrical problems with both computerized diagnostic equipment and the naked eye
- Determine appropriate repair measures based on research, peer-to-peer examination, and past experience
- Present estimates to customers including: strategy for repair to customers including explanation of problems, procedure steps
- Perform repairs thoroughly and accurately, taking into account original repair strategy and customer specifications
- Ensure customer satisfactions at all times
- Maintain file for mechanical work done for other companies; when approved by management.
- Order material/parts required to complete repairs.
- Responsible to ensure all work is completed in a safe manner.
- Use computer to input all time sheets, materials, equipment information for purchase orders
- Work with other shop and field personnel.
- Act in a courteous manner in order to project a positive company image.
- Assist with other duties as required from time to time.
- Follow and perform quality checks on each job, with shop apprentices and shop manager
- Competitive wages
- Medical/Dental/Vision/coverage-no staff premiums for any health care coverage
- RRSP Program
Job Type: Full-time
- mechanical inspection: 4 years (Preferred)
- Journeyman (Preferred)
- Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)