The position requires the application of LNG storage knowledge gained from similar experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities. Under the administrative direction of the LNG Tank Area Construction Manager, independently provides specialized construction and technical advice, support, and recommendations, which have a significant impact on construction activities. Initiates and maintains contacts and liaison with the company’s project and engineering management as well as LNG Tank subcontractor organization.
- Monitors the performance of LNG Tank Subcontractor to ensure conformance to project quality, safety, security, and specification requirements
- Develop a complete understanding of the JFJV prime contract LNG Tank subcontract
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) are emphasized throughout all phases of the project
- Establish good work environment and work relationship among JFJV project team members, guide and lead team’s work implementation on aligned and consistent goal and path
- Establish, maintain, and manage a fully documented change management system that tracks all changes to the contract and project baseline requirements or conditions
- Establish an efficient and cost-effective project environment
- Execute the work in accordance with the quality standards and requirements specified for the project, including the preparation of and compliance with project-specific activity plans and ensuring project audits/assessments are conducted per plan
- Ensure timely preparation and issuance of project deliverables and design documents in correct quality and according to schedule to support the project execution activities
- Implement effective design coordination with subcontractors to ensure proper and complete integration within the project plans
- Ensure effective interface management with third parties
- Ensure that project records are identified, collected, indexed, filed, stored, and maintained (including supplier records) in accordance with the project file index and retention schedule
- Review, organize, and share relevant lessons learned from other projects and seek advice from other experienced managers as necessary throughout the life of the project
- Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems, and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
- Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
- May need to travel to attend to business related matters
- Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
To be Considered Candidates:
- Project site/field working conditions.
- Onsite-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles and various levels of outside weather.
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Jobsite experience and understanding of construction safety program
- Minimum of eight (8) – fifteen (15) years of experience with varied and progressive experience in construction, technical, and engineering activities
- Good knowledge and experience on project design, engineering, procurement, material management, construction, commissioning, start up, turn over work processes, sequencing, and interfaces
- Proactive - goal orientated with the initiative to influence events positively, lead Fluor project team, and influence client for decision making
- Ability to resolve complex problems and to be comfortable in complex project or business environments
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of self-performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and tasks
- Demonstration of innovation, initiative, maturity and sound judgment
- Ability to influence a group of diverse individuals, each with their own goals, needs, and perspectives, to work together effectively for the good of a project